The Probability of Us All Existing At The Same Time?

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

eleventhirtytwo
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Jan 2015, 6:33 am

cberg wrote:
Time is a location; I only just recently reached that epiphany. Everything independent of one's location is malleable - capable of being altered. There are so many orbitals, gravitational phenomena and rotations to take into account that each keystroke in the post you're reading happened in a completely different place.

I've always thought of time as physical processes, eg, "See you when the earth has completed 7 rotations on it's axis".

22, entrepreneurial and diagnosed with High Functioning Autism, ADHD, OCD and Tourettes. Also have problems with Anxiety, and more recently depression, although I seem to returning to my optimistic self =)

DustPendulum
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jan 2015, 9:29 am

Well that's very vague. Existing at the same time on Earth? or existing at the same time in an omnipotent way? Time is synonymous to the concept of nothing, it's an infinite paradox. Something came from nothing, yet nothing is created by something. As I see it the probability is %33.333333333....., because in nothing terms it's the only probability that can exist and continue onwards without ever hitting a complete 100 in which metaphysical things cannot exist.

Grommit
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jan 2015, 10:37 am

ask yourself the question "How could nothing exist?" and the questions that lead on from it. Night-time trying to sleep.

Haha I love asking myself these type of questions. I think along the same lines only I ask the question: where did all the space come from, then I come to question what is space, what governs the space, and why is it necessary to have space.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2015, 11:57 am

Grommit wrote:
ask yourself the question "How could nothing exist?" and the questions that lead on from it. Night-time trying to sleep.

Haha I love asking myself these type of questions. I think along the same lines only I ask the question: where did all the space come from, then I come to question what is space, what governs the space, and why is it necessary to have space.

The question I have is, is there a paradox involved as in, nothing is always something?

DustPendulum
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jan 2015, 12:34 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Grommit wrote:

The question I have is, is there a paradox involved as in, nothing is always something?

Nothing is like a law of science, you can't feel them touch them or see them yet they still exist, nor do these laws exist within your brain's impulses, nor are they ideals. Nothing is like y to the -1 power, nothing can be of negative quantity yet two negative quantities equal an existent quantity, -1 times -1= 1
*Note:I'm using two different types of nothing....

Grommit
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jan 2015, 12:56 pm

What is nothing though, because the empty black void of space is still something :D

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2015, 12:59 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Grommit wrote:

NOTHING EXISTS.

THE only animals that 'see' nothing are humans.

Truly, IT's that simple.

No Thing exists.

Same as the tree that falls with no one to hear IT.

NO THING EXISTS.

If you can see that tree now it exists.

If not, it does not exist.

IT EXISTS FOR ME.

HOW ABOUT YOU.

BUT NO, IT IS NOT THE SAME TREE IF IT EXISTS FOR BOTH OF US, IN IMAGINATION OR NOT.

THEREFORE nothing EXISTS.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Grommit
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jan 2015, 1:31 pm

The probability that we exist is we don't exist. Lol haha brilliant

Believe in everything and nothing

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2015, 1:56 pm

We can be nothing yet still exist. Black Holes teach us this.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2015, 2:22 pm

Grommit wrote:
The probability that we exist is we don't exist. Lol haha brilliant

Believe in everything and nothing

'Believe in everything and nothing'

That IS the answer I AM looking for.

Thanks for providing IT.

To narrow IT down further,
per what the Oracle says
at the end AND beginning of
the Matrix Trilogy:

ONE word WILL DO.

But only ONE sentiment WILL WORK.

'BELIEVE'

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Jan 2015, 3:47 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

Black holes aren't nothing, they're super-dense. They're about as far from nothing as you can get.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2015, 4:52 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

Black holes aren't nothing, they're super-dense. They're about as far from nothing as you can get.

They seem like nothing though they aren't. Maybe there isn't such a thing as nothing?

RhodyStruggle
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 1:21 am

Frankly I'm not convinced we do all exist at the same time. If reality is a simulation, then an enormous portion of the human population might actually be aspects of the simulation, rather than whatever actual human beings are. In which case the actual human population might be as low as a thousand. Or one.

A burden discerned in the blood you taste

Grommit
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jan 2015, 3:32 am

I believe in infinite, so the possibilities are infinite, so I could even say our universe is a black hole and that 0 = nothing/space, and it's infinite. And 1 = something/matter and is also infinite.

Question is where are we in the infinite scale?

We are all infinitely infinent in an infinitely infinent universe governed by times infiniteness

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 12:10 pm

RhodyStruggle wrote:
Frankly I'm not convinced we do all exist at the same time. If reality is a simulation, then an enormous portion of the human population might actually be aspects of the simulation, rather than whatever actual human beings are. In which case the actual human population might be as low as a thousand. Or one.

I am one of the real persons.

And you're obviously a simulated person. Probably a hippopotamus masquerading as a human-banging away on a custom made keyboard.