1. yes fulltime 38%  38%  [ 42 ]
2. yes but only part time. 19%  19%  [ 21 ]
3. no. 43%  43%  [ 47 ]
Total votes : 110

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2010, 7:39 pm

Currently unemployed, I'm in a program to help autistics get long-term employment. The primary cause for my lengthy unemployment (pretty much since I left high school) is a distinct lack of direction. I have no idea what sort of work I'd like to do or be good at.

TheCaityCat
Raven
Raven

23 Mar 2010, 10:51 pm

I work part-time because I'm a full-time grad student. Once I'm out of school, I'll work full-time.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2010, 3:00 am

yes

zkg
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Mar 2010, 7:17 pm

I *was* employed until 3 this afternoon -- I got laid off after nine months due to lack of work. At least this time it wasn't incompetence.

EDIT: 3/31 I'm going to be starting a 2 or 3 month temp assignment very soon. It pays better than my most recent job, and it *might* eventually lead to something long-term.

Last edited by zkg on 31 Mar 2010, 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fishimonimus
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Mar 2010, 9:43 pm

Moog wrote:
I don't know about that. I'm unemployed and I visit this section quite often.

same, to be honest part of the title is "finding a job"

drybones
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Mar 2010, 9:44 am

im employed.

28hrs a week

CobaltBlew
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Mar 2010, 6:53 am

I had to quit my job and studies because I felt depressed.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2010, 11:07 am

Aimless wrote:
Full time but just barely, not 40 hours.
I do menial labor, cleaning offices, but I like it because I'm free to let my mind wander. Like a stressed out office worker once told me " Your mind is your own."
What it doesn't have is money, status or group health insurance.

hey, it's something. the love of money is the root of all evil. status is fleeting at best and tenuous at worst. as for the medical insurance, hopefully that will be fixed by no later than 2014 or much sooner. are you sure your state doesn't have a medicaid rider program?
i used to have a very stressful job that probably didn't pay all that much more than what you're making, and look where it got me- involuntarily retired, unemployable and scraping-by for money, alone. so i would say you are doing better than me, as it sounds like you still have your marbles and a body that works.

Jaydog1212
Toucan
Toucan

28 Mar 2010, 12:07 pm

I currently work from home. I might have to continue to work at home because working in the regular workforce has never worked for me. Unfortunately, when you work from home it doesn't seem like the pay matches up as if you worked right at the company. Also, you work a little harder too....

I might have to eventually start my own small business. I think there has to be something that people would be willing to pay me for.

When you're unemployed you're constantly reminded. Not only is your wallet empty but people avoid you. I recently told one person I was unemployed (to avoid small talk) and one person I was self-employed. The person I told I was unemployed had nothing else to tell me. The person I told I was self-employed continued to try to engage in conversation. So basically people believe if you don't have a job then you must be a loser. :roll:

Amik
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2010, 7:48 am

I work full time, and currently more than that.

Shooshie
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Apr 2010, 11:03 am

Full-time.

I analyze data for a freight railroad. It's such and aspie job you might think I'm kidding, but I'm not.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2010, 11:11 am

Just sent a couple of applications and am hoping for the best. :?

bigdave
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Apr 2010, 8:57 pm

I am unemployed right now. I have been for 5 months. When I lose a job it usually takes me a very long time to find another. I don't interview well and after a few apps and a few interviews and hearing nothing about the job I get frustrated and stop looking for a week or two. I start massage school in two weeks so I am hoping to find something part time so I can have more time to study. I really don't have very many skills that would be useful for most jobs and it makes it even harder for me finding a job having a felony on my record.

MiraReynaWhite
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Apr 2010, 12:49 pm

I am employed full time

Cowboy75
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Apr 2010, 1:05 am

I teach math, and when I come home I do more math. My district highly values me. Sometimes in the past my kids didn't, but I have such a precise routine that I am noted for sticking to, they know whats to be expected, and since I don't deviate from that, consistency helps in my having control of my room and making sure teaching and learning happens. They are excited to do math, and I have shown them how it will benefit them.

I wasn't good at math in high school, but I appreciate it a lot more now that I was able to learn it at my own pace, and since I wasn't a natural, I am able to understand better what happens when someone doesn't understand the 1st or 10th time shown.

The only thing I don't like is when my boss drops the ball and has an impromptu assembly or something he forgot to notify us about, but it irritates my co-workers too; we all get satisfaction from teaching and have plans and schedules and agendas.

My students are coming in on Saturday to study for the state test, so I guess I must be doing something right.

GreyThorn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Apr 2010, 2:41 am

I work for a social services agency that serves homeless/at-risk youth. I'm staff at one of our transitional living programs, helping youth 18-22 years old learn life skills they will need to eventually move into fully independent living situations.

I really enjoy my job, though it can be stressful at times and all of the constant interaction with several people pretty much drains my resources for coping by the end of the day. But I'm grateful to have it and to learn from my residents. I just make sure to structure my personal life so as to be able to recuperate and function while at work. So I pretty much limit contact with the social world outside of work and take shelter in my own world to decompress.

Last edited by GreyThorn on 09 Apr 2010, 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.