Page 2 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2011, 10:37 pm

Taupey wrote:
murphycop wrote:
This forum is pretty ridiculous. I thought the whole thing about being gay etc was wanting to be equal. But then people are happy having their own exclusise forum. Thats not equality. Nothing wrong with having threads about these matters in which ever forum is appropriate, but to have an entire forum is ludicrous. Does this mean we get a Straight, Non Transexual forum? :roll:

Shut Up.

No thanks. If I want to point out blatant double standards, I will. I thought having a woman's thread was bad enough. I couldn't see there being a white or atheist forum. Its funny how these same kind of people are happy to whine about having less rights etc, but at the same time are happy to have more rights on the site they do their whinning on. Seriously, what is wrong with just starting threads about these subjects?

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 1:23 am

murphycop, if you disapprove of this forum feel free to complain to Alex, he's the only one who can make such decisions. Same goes for creating new ones.

Stop stirring things in here and accusing people of whining. Take it up with someone who can actually address your issues.

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 6:25 am

You seriously think he'd take this forum away? He'd get lynched by all the people who are gonna use it. They have extra rights and special treatment here.

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 6:42 am

murphycop wrote:
You seriously think he'd take this forum away? He'd get lynched by all the people who are gonna use it. They have extra rights and special treatment here.

Nonsense, you just keep pulling one assumption after another out of thin air. Nobody's getting any special treatment.

Stop bothering people here with rants that have nothing to do with them and take your complaints to the appropriate forum.

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 8:46 pm

I have already, but this forum still exists. Its not me talking nonsense.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 7:04 pm

murphycop wrote:
Taupey wrote:
murphycop wrote:
This forum is pretty ridiculous. I thought the whole thing about being gay etc was wanting to be equal. But then people are happy having their own exclusise forum. Thats not equality. Nothing wrong with having threads about these matters in which ever forum is appropriate, but to have an entire forum is ludicrous. Does this mean we get a Straight, Non Transexual forum? :roll:

Shut Up.

No thanks. If I want to point out blatant double standards, I will. I thought having a woman's thread was bad enough. I couldn't see there being a white or atheist forum. Its funny how these same kind of people are happy to whine about having less rights etc, but at the same time are happy to have more rights on the site they do their whinning on. Seriously, what is wrong with just starting threads about these subjects?

There are some issues that are unique to certain subgroups. Have you ever thought that a woman might not be comfortable discussing menopause, or an LGBT person might not be comfortable talking about their own issues, in some of the other forums?

While a person could bring up issues relating to being gay in forums like the Haven, there would be people better suited to discussing these issues in an LGBT forum. People generally feel more comfortable discussing things with others who can relate better.

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 10:46 pm

The only problem I see with the women's forum is, there isn't a men's one. That isn't fair or equal.

I understand that. But by starting the thread, people who can relate will most likely be the ones that reply, if someone replies just to be aggressive about the person, and is homophobic, then they would obviously be in trouble. Also, having the personal forum isn't going to stop everyone else reading it.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 11:16 pm

murphycop wrote:
The only problem I see with the women's forum is, there isn't a men's one. That isn't fair or equal.

Then you should take it up with the moderators. Maybe you should also rally up more like-minded members. If there is enough demand for a particular forum, then the moderators might create it.

murphycop wrote:
I understand that. But by starting the thread, people who can relate will most likely be the ones that reply, if someone replies just to be aggressive about the person, and is homophobic, then they would obviously be in trouble. Also, having the personal forum isn't going to stop everyone else reading it.

I disagree. I never go into the women's forum, because I'm not a woman and the things discussed there are of no concern to me. I doubt many people will visit a forum in which issues that are of no concern to them are discussed.

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2011, 6:27 am

Descartes wrote:
murphycop wrote:

Then you should take it up with the moderators. Maybe you should also rally up more like-minded members. If there is enough demand for a particular forum, then the moderators might create it.

murphycop wrote:

I disagree. I never go into the women's forum, because I'm not a woman and the things discussed there are of no concern to me. I doubt many people will visit a forum in which issues that are of no concern to them are discussed.

Actually they can be, sometimes a male's view could be a neutral one in some cases, and might offer some outside info that could be helpful.

AlSwearengen
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Mar 2011, 10:00 am

Way I see it, did this forum need to be created? I would have thought not. I would have thought that the LGBT issues in a support forum already catering to a minority, could have managed adequately without it.
That said it is here and obviously others do not hold my view on it.
So it is here. Why not support it? Why not give the members here in giving it a decent shot?
No harm no foul.

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2011, 10:10 am

AlSwearengen wrote:
Way I see it, did this forum need to be created? I would have thought not. I would have thought that the LGBT issues in a support forum already catering to a minority, could have managed adequately without it.
So it is here. Why not support it? Why not give the members here in giving it a decent shot?
No harm no foul.

I should try and be more like you, I totally agree with what you say there. But I like to stand up for what I believe in.

AlSwearengen
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Mar 2011, 10:42 am

murphycop wrote:
AlSwearengen wrote:
No harm no foul.

I should try and be more like you, I totally agree with what you say there. But I like to stand up for what I believe in.

I say fair's fair.

Let's say your workplace decides to "upgrade your software". You see nothing wrong with what was. They ask for the staff's opinion and then go ahead anyhow. At some point arguing after the fact is not doing much at all. You have to be at work and you have to use the new software.

May be a bad analogy but it encompasses my feelings. It is here. The alternative to being at work is to leave or accept it...long term. Short term arguing its inception just won't do much but make you feel bad about it.

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2011, 10:51 am

AlSwearengen wrote:
murphycop wrote:
AlSwearengen wrote:
No harm no foul.

I say fair's fair.

Let's say your workplace decides to "upgrade your software". You see nothing wrong with what was. They ask for the staff's opinion and then go ahead anyhow. At some point arguing after the fact is not doing much at all. You have to be at work and you have to use the new software.

May be a bad analogy but it encompasses my feelings. It is here. The alternative to being at work is to leave or accept it...long term. Short term arguing its inception just won't do much but make you feel bad about it.

I can't really see it like that haha. Its in me to stand up for what I believe to be right, and if I see contradictions and double standards, I point them out.

StevieC
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2011, 8:14 pm

oh, here we go again.

and yes, thankyou thankyou thankyou :)

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2011, 11:54 am

StevieC wrote:
oh, here we go again.

See its not a coincidence that you're gay? And support the forum. And vice versa with me.

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2011, 10:43 am

murphycop wrote:
StevieC wrote:
oh, here we go again.

See its not a coincidence that you're gay? And support the forum. And vice versa with me.

You need to stop harassing us about this and go talk to Alex. This is not a picket line for protesters or a rant thread, it's a "Thank You" thread. We have a right to say our "Thank Yous" without you bothering us and you carrying on about how you think it's unfair and you disapprove of this subforum over and over again. You have more than made your point in here and in other threads of this subforum. Now it's time for you to move on.

Your Aspie score: 167 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 35 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie.

Last edited by Taupey on 03 Mar 2011, 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.