Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2023, 10:25 pm

You're all making me very happy.

KeepWaiting
Raven
Raven

04 Jul 2023, 5:24 am

I’ve been to some forums where that, happiness, seems frowned upon.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2023, 1:40 pm

KeepWaiting wrote:
I don’t know much about wiring. I don’t know the difference between parallel or series wiring. I’ll have to do some reading.

You'll have to look up a drawing to get the technical side of the difference, but on the audible sound of it, wiring the pickups together in series will give you kind of a "hotter", beefier sound.

Single coil pickups are usually wired in parallel, so you get a brighter, kind of thinner sound.
Humbuckers are two single-coil pickups wired together in series, and out-of-phase, so that a lot of the noise cancels out (the "hum" gets "bucked"). This also removes some positive sound qualities, though, so it's a pick-and-choose.

My Frankenstrat doesn't have any noise cancellation, but I did make sure to re-ground everything properly, and shielded the inner cavity (most modern guitars come pre-shielded).

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I want to hear about all your guitars and hear uploads, please and thank you all.

I might have to PM you some things, or maybe look and see if I have anything I'm comfortable with sharing publicly.

KeepWaiting
Raven
Raven

05 Jul 2023, 5:23 am

Thanks Sabbra.
I think I understand now. I’ll keep studying.

KeepWaiting
Raven
Raven

08 Jul 2023, 2:43 am

Have you ever painted a guitar?

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2023, 9:37 pm

KeepWaiting wrote:
Have you ever painted a guitar?

I repainted one of my basses once, but I kind of rushed it and the paint didn't set properly.
One of these days I think I might need to give it a light sanding and see if a stronger clear coat might help.