Deciding how 'ugly' I am...

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

b9
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2009, 10:29 am

you are not bad looking as far as i can see.
you are slightly pimply and do not look grounded in who you are, but that is superficial compared to the bone structure which is average.

i think you would blend into an average crowd and not be noticed at all.

Michjo
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2009, 1:52 pm

I only rate people 1 or 10 on hotornot. I really don't understand the need for all the other numbers. You either like someone or you don't. :?

Anyways, NT's aren't going to exclusively rate your physical appearance, your body language is going to influence the rating you get from them and i think you're failing here.

For example, you're looking down at the camera that suggests you believe you are better than the veiwer. You also have no facial expression which could be mistaken for being a sociopath or just being plain boring by many people.

MikeH106
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2009, 7:50 pm

Yes, Jim Benton "didn't think a sociopath would like Happy Bunny."

Like a drop of blood in a tank of flesh-eating piranhas, a new idea never fails to arouse the wrath of herd prejudice.

obnoxiously-me
Raven
Raven

11 May 2009, 3:26 am

Next time take a photo of you where you are at the same angle as your viewer. The fact that you are looking 'down' at your viewers might scare 'em.

Second is the eyes: the eyeball should not be in complete view. Making less of your eyeballs viewable makes for less intimidation.

For men it is often important to look both look in control yet like a good non-scary person in pictures.

I believe with these things implemented you'll get a better rating. Nothing wrong with how you look, dude.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2009, 10:31 am

MikeH106, I doubt you have much to complain about. 6.5 is actually a decent score. It's not great, but much better than I could ever get. When I tried HotOrNot, you want to know what I got? 3.4 for one picture, and 4.1 for another. I deleted the account shortly afterwards. It felt pointless to have that thrown in my face; I already knew I looked bad. But at least I had proof.

Anyway, I don't know where those 1's and 2's came from, but they clearly weren't honest opinions. I'm sure other guys gave them to you just to "beat the competition". If you want to get a more honest average, drop the two highest and two lowest numbers, and do the math of what's left. (In statistics, extreme values are known as "outliers", and they're sometimes dropped from the calculations.)

As for the picture itself, you could make some changes. Other people might have already said it, but I'll mention it anyway.
* Change the angle, so you're facing the viewer as an equal. The downward angle makes it look unnecessarily intimidating.
* Smile more. Make it a confident "hey, this rocks" smile.
* Wear a more casual shirt, and without the popped collar. You'll look more fashionable that way.