Government computer in my head

Page 15 of 17 [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Sailon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Aug 2023, 12:37 pm

Rossall wrote:
AI is already here. It can read your mind and control your thoughts and dreams and inflict physical pain and discomfort.

I've had it for the past 10 years. :(

That sounds terrible Rossall. That reminds me a lot of certain types of bullying that people do. It sounds like some of the bullies have developed a more advanced method of abusing us.

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2023, 1:07 pm

Sailon wrote:

That sounds terrible Rossall. That reminds me a lot of certain types of bullying that people do. It sounds like some of the bullies have developed a more advanced method of abusing us.

Thanks Sailon. :) My life is pretty bad at the moment due to these problems. I can't prove it's not mental health problems but it seems too wide ranging (physical pain and discomfort accompanied by threats (I deleted a post on here after being threatened by who ever.

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2023, 3:38 pm

Rossall wrote:
I can't prove it's not mental health problems but it seems too wide ranging (physical pain and discomfort accompanied by threats (I deleted a post on here after being threatened by who ever.

I would bear in mind that physical issues are often reported by people who suffer from gangstalking delusions.

It seems fair to assume that delusional disorders can trigger physical signs that are closer to psychosomatic than they are to hypochondria.

The brain can even make someone's body behave as though they're pregnant (when they're not), it's worth at least considering that it can likely inflict other physical symptoms as well.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2023, 6:04 pm

I think delusions can work similarly to the placebo effect. If you believe something to be true then your body can start acting accordingly.

Remember, not everything your mind suggests is true, Rossall. What you might perceive as being an external threat might simply be your own mind that is against you in some part.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2023, 6:41 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
I think delusions can work similarly to the placebo effect. If you believe something to be true then your body can start acting accordingly.

Absolutely.

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2023, 4:07 pm

Really bad abdominal and head tension tonight. Not much in the way of voices in my head apart from the usual 'you're very very good but you need to get a job'.

Yes, well if this thing pissed off I might be in a fit state to get one rather than being an alcohol dependent nervous wreck. :roll:

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2023, 5:20 pm

Article 3: Prohibition of Torture

What does Article 3 say?

No one shall be subject to torture or inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.

Does this create an absolute right which cannot be qualified in any way or derogated from in any circumstances?

Yes.

What are the definitions of ‘torture’, ‘inhuman’ and ‘degrading’ for the purposes of the ECHR?

The ECHR itself gives no definitions: any difference, which lies in the severity of the treatment or punishment, does not matter very much as all three are banned.

However:
•Torture is deliberate inhuman treatment causing very serious and cruel suffering.
•Inhuman treatment or punishment causes intense physical and mental suffering.
•Degrading treatment/punishment, arouses in the victim a feeling of fear, anguish and inferiority capable of humiliating and debasing the victim and possibly breaking his or her physical or moral resistance.((Ireland v UK (1978) 2 EHRR 25))

Threats which are ‘sufficiently real and immediate’ to cause mental anguish can come within the definitions even in the absence of physical harm.((Campbell and Cosans v UK (1982) 4 EHRR 293)) Torture requires deliberation but inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment does not: the state’s deprivation of any lawful source of sustenance can amount to inhuman or degrading treatment, as when failed asylum-seekers are deprived of any income or benefit and not allowed to work.((Limbuela v Secretary of State for the Home Department (2005) UKHL 66))

https://justice.org.uk/article-3-prohibition-torture/

Think I might try making a complaint of torture to the European Court of Human Rights. The problem is it's very difficult to prove.

Sailon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Aug 2023, 3:01 pm

I am going to count this as another bullying thread. I understand it might be worse than your typical bullying.
So I count at least 4 recent threads on bullying or abuse of some type.
This is sickening really. These abuses being unleashed on us are completely pointless and evil.
I feel like people got something stuck up their butt, and they're taking it out on us even though it has nothing to do with us.
Disgusting.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2023, 5:19 pm

Sailon wrote:
I am going to count this as another bullying thread. I understand it might be worse than your typical bullying.
This is sickening really. These abuses being unleashed on us are completely pointless and evil.
I feel like people got something stuck up their butt, and they're taking it out on us even though it has nothing to do with us.
Disgusting.

How is this a bullying thread?

The thread creator believes he has a government computer in his head and other people have tried to convince him otherwise.

People aren't generally making fun of Rossall.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2023, 11:25 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
Sailon wrote:
Disgusting.

The thread creator believes he has a government computer in his head and other people have tried to convince him otherwise.

@Blitzkrieg
I dont think Sailon means that we on this website are bullying Rossall. He means Rossall is talking about being bullied in the real world. The "government" being the "bully".

@ Sailon
Do you REALLY BELIEVE that Rossall is not delusional? And further even if it werent preposterious, and the government really did somehow put a 'computer in his head' would you really put that in the same category as playground, school, and workplace "bullying" by people face to face? It would be different kind of issue if it were true.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2023, 8:57 am

naturalplastic wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
Sailon wrote:
Disgusting.

@Blitzkrieg
I dont think Sailon means that we on this website are bullying Rossall. He means Rossall is talking about being bullied in the real world. The "government" being the "bully".

@ Sailon
Do you REALLY BELIEVE that Rossall is not delusional? And further even if it werent preposterious, and the government really did somehow put a 'computer in his head' would you really put that in the same category as playground, school, and workplace "bullying" by people face to face? It would be different kind of issue if it were true.

Oh, I didn't even contemplate that someone could entertain this whole government computer in my head thing as being true.

Thank you for pointing out that Sailon does indeed seem to have gone in that direction of thought.

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2023, 2:14 pm

Just sent this to the Samaritans:

I have had 10 years now of what amounts to mental and physical torture. I believe I have been targeted by some kind of electronic harassment although I am diagnosed with schizophrenia so I accept this might be an explanation although this doesn't really explain the physical symptoms such as itching and abdominal pain and tension and panic attacks (I have been taken to hospital several times due to this). I drink heavily because of this and have been warned about it by my GP, about 8 cans of cider a day. All the stress of this has taken its toll on my mental health and appearance. I look like a serial killer and can't face other people so just stay in my flat.

I get voices in my head saying they're going to kill me and saying 'you're very good but you need to get a job' ( I am currently on UC and PIP). Sometimes after I've had a drink I go to bed and half hope I don't wake up although I am not suicidal. I do get thoughts of jumping in front of trains and plugging my fingers into light sockets though. I think this is a fight or flight reaction to not feeling safe in my own skin tbh.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2023, 2:20 pm

Rossall wrote:
I think this is a fight or flight reaction to not feeling safe in my own skin tbh.

This seems like a really useful insight. A lot of us are constantly under way more stress than is normal, and that stress takes it's toll psychologically. It's enough to slowly make one go crazy as they try to understand the world through that lens.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2023, 2:22 pm

Rossall wrote:
Just sent this to the Samaritans:

I have had 10 years now of what amounts to mental and physical torture. I believe I have been targeted by some kind of electronic harassment although I am diagnosed with schizophrenia so I accept this might be an explanation although this doesn't really explain the physical symptoms such as itching and abdominal pain and tension and panic attacks (I have been taken to hospital several times due to this). I drink heavily because of this and have been warned about it by my GP, about 8 cans of cider a day. All the stress of this has taken its toll on my mental health and appearance. I look like a serial killer and can't face other people so just stay in my flat.

I get voices in my head saying they're going to kill me and saying 'you're very good but you need to get a job' ( I am currently on UC and PIP). Sometimes after I've had a drink I go to bed and half hope I don't wake up although I am not suicidal. I do get thoughts of jumping in front of trains and plugging my fingers into light sockets though. I think this is a fight or flight reaction to not feeling safe in my own skin tbh.

This seems like a well written and reasonable post, Rossall. :)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2023, 2:30 pm

Who are "the Samaritans"?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2023, 2:33 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Who are "the Samaritans"?

It's a UK based charity that takes phone calls and provides emotional support for those in emotional distress and/or who have suicidal thoughts.

They also do some other things like offer financial advice, but Rossall will have been in contact with someone relevant to mental health, no doubt.