Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2011, 1:55 pm

number2 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
number2 wrote:
I actually believe heroin can have some medical value,Kurt Cobain had a terrible pain condition and he was looking for something that would alleviate the pain and he said the heroin helped him feel like there was almost no pain that explains why he got so addicted to the stuff.
The only thing is that heroin is so addictive that I don't think they would prescribe heroin ever.

Kurt Cobain was constantly depressed. And it didn't help him that much because he blew his brains out. This is just another example of people who use hard drugs being mentally sick and incapable of understanding that drugs give short term relief but then make the body pay in the long term with what the relief was supposed to stop.

He should have tried cannabis......its a pain reliever and is not nearly as hard on the body, just a thought.

Kurt actually tried cannabis that was the first thing he tried but I guess he needed something more powerful and quickly found heroin.

I guess so....I never really read up on that full story, so I didn't know if he ever tried that or not.

number2
Toucan
Toucan

25 Sep 2011, 2:06 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
those are two things, not every addictive substance on the face of the earth.....I started smoking cigerettes when I was 18 not for very good reasons and did not really take the addictive thing seriously, I figured how bad can something that is legal really be? well now I know and I think many people are probably more or less addicted to caffine 'needing' a cup of coffee in the morning is an addiction.

But I do my research so that is why I feel I have the right to discuss the addictive capabilities of drugs.

Fair enough. I was actually overstepping the mark. Everyone has the right to discuss everything. That was quite cowardly of me. But to be honest Sweetleaf I think I have made my case that using heroin or cocaine is stupid and legalizing it is completely foolish and will condemn people who think that just because it's legal because it's fine to a life of chemical slavery and self-destruction. Just as smokes have dented your life, so cocaine annihilates other's lives.

I am aware of that, I mean the idea behind those things being legal would probably be they could be better regulated and it might be safer.......I still just feel people should be able to do as they choose and not be treated like a criminal if they develop a problem with something, but I think cocaine and herion being illegal makes a bit more sense than cannabis being illegal as those things are significantly more dangerous.

I agree I think cannabis should especially be legalized, I was looking into it and it's not legal because as much as I hate to say this it can cause temporarily mental problems such as impaired learning, memory problems making it harder for you to remember.
Drinking in excess is much worse then a heavy cannabis smoker. the alcoholic would beat up on his wife but you never hear about the pot smoker ever beating on his wife and kids mabey there are a few cases but I have yet to hear about them.
you hear about drunk drivers killing people you barley hear about a stoned driver that killed someone.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2011, 2:18 pm

number2 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
those are two things, not every addictive substance on the face of the earth.....I started smoking cigerettes when I was 18 not for very good reasons and did not really take the addictive thing seriously, I figured how bad can something that is legal really be? well now I know and I think many people are probably more or less addicted to caffine 'needing' a cup of coffee in the morning is an addiction.

But I do my research so that is why I feel I have the right to discuss the addictive capabilities of drugs.

Fair enough. I was actually overstepping the mark. Everyone has the right to discuss everything. That was quite cowardly of me. But to be honest Sweetleaf I think I have made my case that using heroin or cocaine is stupid and legalizing it is completely foolish and will condemn people who think that just because it's legal because it's fine to a life of chemical slavery and self-destruction. Just as smokes have dented your life, so cocaine annihilates other's lives.

I am aware of that, I mean the idea behind those things being legal would probably be they could be better regulated and it might be safer.......I still just feel people should be able to do as they choose and not be treated like a criminal if they develop a problem with something, but I think cocaine and herion being illegal makes a bit more sense than cannabis being illegal as those things are significantly more dangerous.

I agree I think cannabis should especially be legalized, I was looking into it and it's not legal because as much as I hate to say this it can cause temporarily mental problems such as impaired learning, memory problems making it harder for you to remember.
Drinking in excess is much worse then a heavy cannabis smoker. the alcoholic would beat up on his wife but you never hear about the pot smoker ever beating on his wife and kids mabey there are a few cases but I have yet to hear about them.
you hear about drunk drivers killing people you barley hear about a stoned driver that killed someone.

Well yeah that is what I believe they refer to as being stoned...but that usually wears off when the high wears off. But yeah alcohol can be quite a bit more dangerous and is more likely to contribute to violence than cannabis.

number2
Toucan
Toucan

25 Sep 2011, 2:31 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
number2 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Well yeah that is what I believe they refer to as being stoned...but that usually wears off when the high wears off. But yeah alcohol can be quite a bit more dangerous and is more likely to contribute to violence than cannabis.

Cannabis is also illegal I believe because it gets you high and that's stupid.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2011, 2:34 pm

number2 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
number2 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Agreed, I personally don't see how being high is any worse than being drunk...I mean obviously it would not be good to be high or drunk all the time but I don't see how it is wrong.

number2
Toucan
Toucan

25 Sep 2011, 2:46 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
number2 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
number2 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Agreed, I personally don't see how being high is any worse than being drunk...I mean obviously it would not be good to be high or drunk all the time but I don't see how it is wrong.

Its really a personal choice and the government shouldn't have to tell what your allowed to put in your body its just wrong.
They might as well start making laws telling us what we're allowed eat IMO.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2011, 2:59 pm

number2 wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
number2 wrote:

Actually doctors prescribe Oxycontin that can be just as bad as heroin if you crush up the pills and inject them.

When I was watching intervention there was this very attractive women who was addicted to Oxycontin and it was so bad that one day she ran out and was sick so she met up with her friend and they went to look for oxy's but they couldn't get them so her friend called up a heroin dealer and she never tried heroin, anyways they get the heroin shoot up in the car and the girl who was addicted to the Oxycontin didn't even get high because she had a such a tolerance to opioids.

No, that is a lie.

Oxytocin is not as bad as heroin. In fact oxytocin is a vital neuromodulator in mammalian brains. People have severe neurological problems if they don't have oxytocin. Oxytocin is vital for pregnancy. Oxytocin is also important in orgasm, pair bonding, stimulating mild anxiety and pair bonding.

Heroin makes you puke in to a toilet bowl.

See how these are not the same. And give up the absurd idea that Heroin is somehow acceptable.

Well that's what was said on intervention and it makes sense both are addictive however Oxycontin if taken in pill form is much less harmful then heroin unless you crush them up and inject them then it can be just as bad.

Of course it would be. Oxytocin isn't very good at being taken up through the digestive system. Could you imagine how tanked up someone would be if they assimilated all of the oxytocin from the animal flesh they ate? They'd be stone dead. Anything can be poisonous in large enough quantities, even water. That is a basic fact of toxicology.

Electrolyte balance when someone doesn't urinate and drinks too much can kill someone. That's why authorities have such problems with ecstasy. It shuts off your kidneys and makes you thirsy, thus blasting your brains with the excess of water, or it can cause cereberal oedema, which is considered one of the most painful ways to die.

number2
Toucan
Toucan

25 Sep 2011, 3:01 pm

Gedrene wrote:
number2 wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
number2 wrote:

Actually doctors prescribe Oxycontin that can be just as bad as heroin if you crush up the pills and inject them.

When I was watching intervention there was this very attractive women who was addicted to Oxycontin and it was so bad that one day she ran out and was sick so she met up with her friend and they went to look for oxy's but they couldn't get them so her friend called up a heroin dealer and she never tried heroin, anyways they get the heroin shoot up in the car and the girl who was addicted to the Oxycontin didn't even get high because she had a such a tolerance to opioids.

No, that is a lie.

Oxytocin is not as bad as heroin. In fact oxytocin is a vital neuromodulator in mammalian brains. People have severe neurological problems if they don't have oxytocin. Oxytocin is vital for pregnancy. Oxytocin is also important in orgasm, pair bonding, stimulating mild anxiety and pair bonding.

Heroin makes you puke in to a toilet bowl.

See how these are not the same. And give up the absurd idea that Heroin is somehow acceptable.

Well that's what was said on intervention and it makes sense both are addictive however Oxycontin if taken in pill form is much less harmful then heroin unless you crush them up and inject them then it can be just as bad.

Of course it would be. Oxytocin isn't very good at being taken up through the digestive system. Could you imagine how tanked up someone would be if they assimilated all of the oxytocin from the animal flesh they ate? They'd be stone dead. Anything can be poisonous in large enough quantities, even water. That is a basic fact of toxicology.

Electrolyte balance when someone doesn't urinate and drinks too much can kill someone. That's why authorities have such problems with ecstasy. It shuts off your kidneys and makes you thirsy, thus blasting your brains with the excess of water, or it can cause cereberal oedema, which is considered one of the most painful ways to die.

It's really hard to die from drinking water the only way you die from drinking too much water is if you don't pee.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2011, 3:13 pm

number2 wrote:
Gedrene wrote:

It's really hard to die from drinking water the only way you die from drinking too much water is if you don't pee.

*facepalms*
Gedrene wrote:
Anything can be poisonous in large enough quantities, even water.

Gedrene wrote:
Electrolyte balance when someone doesn't urinate and drinks too much can kill someone.

Are you even listening to what I say?

Also fact of reality: Dangers of oxytocin=/=Dangers of heroin.

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2011, 3:19 pm

Oxycontin is not oxytocin.

You can die from drinking too much water. Leah Betts. But that's not why authorities have a problem with E, because thousands of people take millions of pills and only idiots overdose on water.

This thread is ridiculous.

j_choate69
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Sep 2011, 2:55 am

-I have been made aware that my post was insensitive and offensive and you guys are the last people I would want to offend. My apologies-

Last edited by j_choate69 on 26 Sep 2011, 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 3:03 am

fraac wrote:
Oxycontin is not oxytocin.

You can die from drinking too much water. Leah Betts. But that's not why authorities have a problem with E, because thousands of people take millions of pills and only idiots overdose on water.

This thread is ridiculous.

Ohhh! Oxycodone! Why did you have to use some obscure name? Well the reason why doctors use Oxycodone is because it doesn't lead to cold turkey that leads to vomiting, cold, sweats, shivering or anything else. People who experience Oxycodone problems have then in 5% of cases (which in my opinion is just too much). People who experience Heroin problems experience them nearly all the time after not taking the drug for 6 hours.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 3:14 am

j_choate69 wrote:
I too feel all drugs should be legal for 18+. They should bear warning labels that describe exactly how they can negatively affect you. I know I know. Some are really dangerous. That's fine. The less intelligent of the race will buy the Crack or Heroin regardless and they should have that right, being adults and all.

That last line is extraordinarily cruel and has no understanding that in a time of weakness people may turn to these drugs. These are the thousands you would be condemning to a terrible life and you have managed to turn it in to a eugenics argument by saying 'the less intelligent of the race'.

j_choate69 wrote:
Then, when they spiral into nothingness, that will be one less under evolved individual who is around to reproduce and pass on their foolish genetics. I think of it as an easy way to weed out the bad ones. The world has far to many safeties in place to keep complete idiots from accidental death.

This is abominable, not only because it shows a complete lack of understanding in how humans actually are and the reason why they're not smart but also implies that people can somehow be under-evolved. That's not how evolution works!

j_choate69 wrote:
Therefore they make more of the same. Take the warnings off everything and see who survives. In the old days, imbeciles didn't live very long and I think that would be a benefit to the world. I'm not saying to kill them. Just maybe take the red lights away from train tracks and let things play out as they will.

That's disgusting! Take all the warning labels off bottles? Thousands of children would die from accidentally swallowing poisonous materials! Without red lights all traffic systems would be rendered useless because nobody would know when to go, leading to pedestrian deaths and car crashes. What is being proposed here is anarchy for the sake of eugenics. Could you imagine an airfield running properly without danger signs? A nuclear power plant? A day-care centre? A school? I couldn't. And no one should expect one too. Not all dangers are obvious. Just because where you live everywhere has danger signs doesn't mean you should advocate the opposite.

Not that even I think you have a heart when you talk about 'foolish genetics' and 'weed out the bad ones'. This is beyond low.

j_choate69
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Sep 2011, 11:28 pm

My apologies Gedrene. I was on a rant last night and went a bit far on more than one site. I am truly sorry if I have offended anyone. I will be more thoughtful in future posts. Thank you for the check. It was much needed. I will delete that to save others from such a insensitive idea and to save myself more embarrassment. Thank you for the honesty.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2011, 8:00 am

j_choate69 wrote:
My apologies Gedrene. I was on a rant last night and went a bit far on more than one site. I am truly sorry if I have offended anyone. I will be more thoughtful in future posts. Thank you for the check. It was much needed. I will delete that to save others from such a insensitive idea and to save myself more embarrassment. Thank you for the honesty.

Congrats, you're willing to face up to the truth. I like that you have a sturdy spine. Consider anyone who brings this up against you out of line.

ducky9924
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Sep 2011, 6:24 pm

I don't know about legalizing.... some of that s**ts crazy. But getting rid of schedule 1 and making it all by prescription would be OK by me. there's still be illigall drug use and abuse, but it'd be made by american corps instead of foreign criminals. It'd be much safer to obtain and use if you get that crime element out of the picture. (not to mention it'd be easier to make sure you don't accidently OD because you were handed stronger s**t then you're used to)

Bonus: We'd get to use the the S1 drugs in research again, so we can find out if any of them have legit uses.