What do you consider to be a date?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

CrinklyCrustacean
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2009, 8:54 am

Where do you place the line between meeting up/eating out/seeing a film with a friend and going on a date? Just wondered what everybody's thoughts were. :)

Last edited by CrinklyCrustacean on 09 Jun 2009, 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2009, 9:27 am

My opinion is that you're basically on a date when you're out with someone you are interested in as more than a friend.

Gliesen_Antrho
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Jun 2009, 9:38 am

personaly I'd say if your as intimate as kissing or more it is not as friends regardless of the genders.
(from what i gather most NTs think 1 male and 1 women is a hot date. ) anything else is friends. How NTs think gay people fit that I don't know.

Last edited by Gliesen_Antrho on 09 Jun 2009, 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2009, 9:52 am

It's only a date if the girl considers it a "date." If she doesn't, then it's just "hanging out as friends."

This, of course, only applies to heterosexual pairings, since I don't know how it works for gays.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2009, 1:48 pm

When both parties know what they are getting into. I would imagine they would imply at the beginning on what they are doing.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2009, 2:06 pm

for me it's a date if someone mentions the word "date" or "go out together" or something of that sort. I routinely refuse to go on dates but I get pretty easily maneuvered into it with the right choice of words, like "hey, do you want to come over and help me move furniture" :P

but then it's not really a date on my side anyway.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2009, 2:38 pm

anna-banana wrote:
for me it's a date if someone mentions the word "date" or "go out together" or something of that sort. I routinely refuse to go on dates but I get pretty easily maneuvered into it with the right choice of words, like "hey, do you want to come over and help me move furniture" :P

but then it's not really a date on my side anyway.

"Hey, wanna come over and watch me dust the table? Date!"

TiureJabba
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Jun 2009, 3:16 pm

In my opinion, a date falls under these criteria:

I. First Degree Date
A. Periodic "bumps" of attraction
1.May last longer, 50%
2.May last briefly, 50%
B. Limited-to-none physical contact
C. Occasional flirt
II. Second Degree Date
A. "Bumps" of affection become frequent, usually last longer than average
B. Repeated accounts of physical contact
1. May or may not include first kiss, latter negative more likely
2. Engages in periodic hugging
C. Sustained flirting
III. Third Degree Date; Ouch that kiss hurts!
A. High sustained rates of feelings
B. Prolonged physical contact
1. First kisses inevitable
2. Will usually hold One close, making out
C. Extended, juicy flirting, one is told strong words of affection (Not counting "I love you")

I hope you enjoyed my outline! After all, we Aspies like organization plots to help us out in certain subjects. Therefore, this outline is to display the three levels of Dating.

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2009, 7:36 pm

Cyberman wrote:
It's only a date if the girl considers it a "date." If she doesn't, then it's just "hanging out as friends."

This, of course, only applies to heterosexual pairings, since I don't know how it works for gays.

I agree with ya there. Also, I would say a real date is usually of an evening, and doesn't involve other people. The woman usually gets all prettied up (more so than usual, unless she always does this) when going out as well.

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2009, 10:38 am

To me, a date is when you go somewhere with someone you're interested in. It may include holding hands and having the first kiss, although I would also count just talking as a date, as long as it is in somewhere like a restaurant, park, picnic etc.

SpongeBobRocksMao!