Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Jul 2009, 4:46 am

I've been experiencing these events throughout my life that seem to not make sense. I call them event cogs. The closest explanations I can give is 1.) an event that feels like premonition and turns out to occur but not in the way I thought it would, or even on the same day or 2.) I'm doing something and an event very similar to it occurs.

EVENT COG

November 31, 2007

I get this overwhelming sense that someone is going to commit suicide but I don't know who. My history with these event cogs prompts me to post a comment on Laura and Jesse's profile because I'm afraid it could be one of them.

December 1, 2007

Hannah posts a bulletin entitled "please watch this or i will commit suicide" April 5, 1994 Hannah! Please don,t!

December 5, 2007

Gunman kills eight people, himself at Omaha mall.

EVENT COG

November 3, 2007 at 6:38 PM

to laura: congrats on the Courtney Love love

November 4, 2007 at 3:56 PM

Courtney Love: hope you are having a wonderful day
xxcl

EVENT COG

November 3, 2007 at 4pm

I'm sitting in my room and I see circles everywhere. Everywhere. I make music and artwork to show everyone what I see.

9:00 pm

My Tivo recorded a film called "Close Encounters of the Third Kind". I watch it. The movie is about circular objects. There's a scene where the mothership and humans are communicating with sounds... very similar to the sounds I used in "circles". o_o

EVENT COG

October 29, 2007 at 6 pm

Dell Financial welcome package will be in my mailbox

October 30, 2007 at 7 am

Had a strong feeling the Dell Financial package will be in my mailbox and I would pay my first month's statement.

9:30 am

Picked up mail from mailbox

11:30 am

The Dell Financial welcome package was in the mail. I logged into Dell's website and paid my bill.

EVENT COG

October 30, 2008 at 2:05 PM

I was going to post a message on a website about people who assume

3:28 PM

This came up in a discussion just now.

EVENT COG

Wednesday, 10/24, 2007 about 6PM

Jesse's blog: 'laura secret diary' and thinking "Jesse's going to post a sequel to this soon."

9:20 PM

New blog "laura pt 2"

EVENT COG

Mon/Tue of Last Week (10/15-10/16)

A discussion with my co-worker deviated into car collisions. I told him I didn't feel comfortable discussing this because I've been experiencing a phenomenon in that if I talk about a major event, like a car collision, that it'll occur in a few days. We quickly changed topics.

Saturday evening (10/27)

Right outside my office-bedroom window two cars slammed into each other. Apparently one of the drivers got drunk at a neighbor's party. On the scene: ambulances, fire trucks, police, and Jaws of Life. Sunday morning the street was covered in debris and liquids (I assume oil and water).

EVENT COG

Sometime during the first week of October 2007

I'm working on website designs and needed some ideas. While perusing my stack of reading material I came across a hybrid book/magazine/catalog from Getty Images called Edit (Issue 01. Summer 2004). Meanwhile my co-workers are discussing politics, Bush, and so forth. Somehow the discussion changed to John F. Kennedy. A minute earlier I had turned to page 20 and was still in the middle of reading an article about Robert Kennedy.

EVENT COG

January 2007

Shortly after Blizzard releases the World of Warcraft expansion I visit the WOW forum and posted a rather long thread on what I feel the next expansion should be. I go so far as to provide lot of details about what the expansion could contain.

August 3, 2007

Blizzard announces "Wrath of the Lich King" and launches a corresponding website. Many of the details on the site seem verbatim from my forum posting.

EVENT COG

My back right tire went flat. I tried to change the tire but the bolts were machine fastened making them virtually impossible to loosen. Against my better judgment and no options, I drove a few blocks on practically the wheel. I put air into the tire and for whatever reason it stayed full. I drove home using the service streets with no problems. The next day I drove to a tire store (again no flat) and had the tire replaced. The man in the store told me after installation that the tire looked perfectly fine.

EVENT COG

June/July 2004

I was tasked with coming up with template designs for a website called PoliticsNationwide. These templates would be used by politicians to create websites under the PoliticsNationwide framework. I didn't have any clear direction in which to proceed and was only given minimal instructions: "put together state and federal previews showing different political styles that we can show the client." So I used Arnold Schwarzenegger and presented the client with comps showing "Arnold Schwarzenegger for Governor" and "Arnold Schwarzenegger for President."

August/September 2004

Arnold Schwarzenegger announces on the Jay Leno program his run for California Governor.

EVENT COG

I entered a portable classroom on the first day of 5th grade. I believe it was a science class. I sat in back. While the teacher was making her introduction an overwhelming sense of dejavu came over me. It was like that the entire class. I don't know why it happened in this one classroom. Other than the bleached, institutional interior it was very nonchalant. To this day I've not been able to figure out why that room trigger a dejavu moment.

EVENT COG

2000, perhaps 2001, morning...

I don't recall what the nightmare was about, but I distinctly remember waking to a figure standing on the right side of my bed looking down at me. A moment later it walked past my bed and finally through the walls. The figure was silhouetted and had what looked like dark wings. I'm not sure if this was my mind projecting the nightmare into reality but I do remember being scared beyond belief. It looked real. I also remember holding up my arm to protect myself. I thought it was going to be strike me.

EVENT COG

Date unknown, perhaps mid-80s

A nightmare woke me. It was dark in the room yet I saw an image of a humanoid sitting on-top of some sort of pillow with eight arms bent at the elbow in various directions. Around the head was a circlet of stars. Its eyes were reddish-green, and it spoke: PLOR O VA FUNIL SUTIM
?

I found this image

The following image matches very closely to what I remember seeing

This is Shiva; a principal deity of Hinduism. In some circles known as a god of ambiguity and paradox. From Wikipedia: In the Mahabharata, Shiva is depicted as "the standard of invincibility, might, and terror", as well as a figure of honor, delight, and brilliance. The duality of Shiva's fearful and auspicious attributes appears in contrasted names.

It's worth noting, and to my fear, that I posted the image of hell and heaven on my profile days ago before I even knew who Shiva is. I'm worried... Another event cog coming?

ONGOING EVENT COG

I turn on a facet. No matter how long the water runs cold if I put my left hand under the running water, form an eagle claw (or a fist) and intently focus the water it immediately becomes hot. On more than a few occasions I didn't pull my hand back and burned myself. Once I left my hand under the water and received a first-degree burn. My hot water heater is an older unit and not capable of producing water this hot.

I've been lazy keeping a log of these cogs but I've had roughly about two dozen in 2008, and at least half the much this year.

I don't know what to make of this...

The former things have passed away."

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2009, 5:16 am

People tend to see patterns in everything. When something doesn't quite match something in their mind people ignore the differences.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2009, 8:12 am

kxmode wrote:

I get this overwhelming sense that someone is going to commit suicide but I don't know who. My history with these event cogs prompts me to post a comment on Laura and Jesse's profile because I'm afraid it could be one of them.

Given the frequency of suicide you are bound to be right.

Do you ever get the overwhelming sense that you are not particularly bright?

ruveyn

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2009, 11:05 am

hmm interesting.

you should think about winning the lottery and see what happens.

the hot water is the weirdest one. sometimes i think that information is just 'in the air' and you can pick it up if you are sensitive, but that doesn't account for being able to make water boil just with your mind. you better look up uri geller.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2009, 12:10 pm

I get that a lot too, but it's just because I pay attention to details and patterns. I think it's important to be rational about this, it's easy to spiral into paranoia/conspiracy/mystic kind of thinking.

monty
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2009, 2:04 pm

Sand wrote:
People tend to see patterns in everything. When something doesn't quite match something in their mind people ignore the differences.

Yes, we have the potential to register millions of patterns over a period of a few days ... most are not related to each other, or are related in a straight forward way. No special attention is given to such relationships. The fact that we notice that a few patterns have 'unusual' coincidences is not surprising. So experiencing something that is a million to one should happen quite frequently.