Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2009, 9:48 pm

I tend to worry about the wrong things. Example we might have a hurricane coming to FL. Parents:Need to buy can food! Me: Is the daycare going to be open for the nephew and is mom/dad going to have to put in more hours at work. and would we be able to go to the Science Center on Thurs.

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2009, 5:47 am

I don't worry much. XD But yeah when I do it's the wrong stuff, LOL. My friend topped me hardcore one time though, so I always think of her when I'm worrying about stupid stuff. Ready for it? On 9/11: "OH GOD THEY CANCELED DIGIMON."
Yeah. XDDDDDDDDD

But I figure most people have the big stuff covered, so why should I worry about it too? Someone's gotta be thinking about the less important stuff, or it won't get done!

laseywerecat
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Aug 2009, 5:53 am

I worry about my cat most, and then my computers. I live in tornado country and whenever there's a warning I'm getting my cat into the bathroom first and then stressing over what to do with my computers. If one ever hits they will likely find my dead body slung over an iMac.

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2009, 6:42 am

I try not to, but sometimes I can't control my worry. I've even lost sleep over worrying, and dwelling on the past. A definitive AS trait that I'm NOT proud of.

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2009, 7:54 am

laseywerecat wrote:
I worry about my cat most

^^ Yaaye, I believe I do also! ^^ However, perhaps both of my kitties. I believe I worry for them a very large amount. ^^ I believe I do certainly worry a very large amount, however I am not certain if this is for "wrong" matters. ^^ I believe I am not very skilled at making decisions and I often worry if I have made a correct decision afterwards. I worry for my two kitties, Nell and Plato a very large amount I believe. I believe I am very scared of leaving home for periods greater than one day as I worry for them a very large amount. ^^ I believe this is very fun worrying however.

sbwilson
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Aug 2009, 9:17 am

Anyone who's consistently anxious, worries a lot, whether they see it or not.

16 Aug 2009, 9:52 am

I try not to worry. I sometimes worry one of my friends here is lying to me because he doesn't always make sense and he says one thing and then says another (he has done that a few times already) and he claimed he had a mind of a child even though his IQ is 85-90 he told me so I asked him isn't it MR. He also doesn't answer all my questions so it makes me worried more. Maybe I should confront him about this but confrontations are so hard for me so it takes me a while to confront someone or I just run away not saying a word to them. I think that's why normal people don't always confront people either such as telling us they're bored of what we're talking about or how we are making them feel, etc. So I can't really get mad at them for not telling me things because they maybe have the same problem I have. (If he's reading this, now he knows and might bring it up in PM)

I sometimes I worry that I might have a miscarriage because lot of women do and the fact stretchmarks are ugly and I get sick and tired of seeing preggo pictures and neither of the ladies in them have them but yet I've read 90% percent of women do get them. Sometimes I worry I will get ugly ones.

If I do have the kid, then I have to worry about SIDS.

ChangelingGirl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2009, 9:56 am

I worry a lot yes. About all kinds of things, but mostly about me or my boyfriend/parents getting aoms eserious illness or accident, about me being kicked out of current placement, and recently about my boyfriend who is starting college in a few weeks.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2009, 3:15 pm

Alternative wrote:
I try not to, but sometimes I can't control my worry. I've even lost sleep over worrying, and dwelling on the past. A definitive AS trait that I'm NOT proud of.

WOW! I didn't know worrying is an AS trait. It's interesting you dwell on the past there's not a SECOND IN THE DAY! I don't think of my College suspension and that will be 5 years ago February!! !! !

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2009, 5:01 am

I asked someone what they do when they feel nervous and those behaviors are what I do on a regular basis. I'm constantly worrying and terrified of everything. When I was younger I would get hives from worrying. I hide from people and shake.

When someone I don't know or unexpectedly talk to me I feel sick. If I'm left with a responsibility my thoughts are all worries. If my mother is a minute late, I worry they were in a car crash. If I'm watching someone younger and they make a noise I always think they are choking. A good portion of my worries are from sensory issues, as well.

When I was a child I was terrified of ghosts and aliens. I have various other phobias.

I believe I would talk a lot better if I weren't always terrified.

fiddlerpianist
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2009, 8:54 am

I think the worrying comes with anxiety and is not necessarily a "direct" AS trait.

I've been told that I "hold a lot of worry inside of me" by a clairvoyant friend. She says that I don't show my worry to anyone but that it is still there. I'm not entirely sure I know what she is talking about.

Amajanshi
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2009, 10:50 am

I have a lot of social anxiety, due to not knowing what to talk about with people who I don't have much in common with.
I often have to plan what I want to say to various people before the next time I bump into them, so it feels like a chore.

I'm trying not to care about what people think about me but it's hard to ignore...

LipstickKiller
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Aug 2009, 11:10 am

I worry about things I can't predict, like the job market for me when I'm done studying, my economy in three years, which way my relationship is gonna go, how my children will manage. Mainly the worrying consists of me trying to think of possible scenarios and then deciding how to handle all possible situation that might arrise. It's mostly useless and only adds to my anxiety, but it sometimes has me very well prepared for situations, because I do a lot of research.

I also worry about social things, like whether I talked too much about a particular topic or whether someone can be trusted with the highly personal information I just gave them, or whether I've offended someone without noticing and what do people really think of me because it's so damn hard to tell.

Yeah, I worry a lot. I have a lot of anxiety. The antidepressants take the edge off and reduce the anxiety though, but my mind is still constantly spinning... :(

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2009, 11:37 am

More than my fair share, really.

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2009, 7:16 pm

I think I'm usually a bit out of balance with worrying about things that may or may not happen. And I also seem to have stored up in the back of my mind a collection of old, undeletable worries, which sometimes resurface when I either don't have or can't find anything new to worry about.

sbwilson
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Aug 2009, 7:27 pm

JetLag wrote:
I think I'm usually a bit out of balance with worrying about things that may or may not happen. And I also seem to have stored up in the back of my mind a collection of old, undeletable worries, which sometimes resurface when I either don't have or can't find anything new to worry about.

I do this too. It's like when I'm feeling happy and somewhat relaxed, my mind digs up past worry to fill the void.

My Dad always used to say "Worrying doesn't solve problems." I remember thinking "Well, obviously!" but nowadays when I remember what he said, I see that he meant "Worrying only adds to the original weight of a problem" ...which certainly doesn't help in solving it.

EDIT----> I still worry. He must have forgot to mention how one just "stops".