Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2009, 9:37 pm

There have been plenty of what are your Stim topics and such so I thought of a different spin do you have stims you like doing you choose to do (sure some you don't know you're doing them) (In my case it's moving my ring/clasping my watch my family hates it) I do have a favorite stim though it's a small bouncy ball (those 25 cent bouncy balls) I bounce them on my table and sometimes to the tune of a song on my Itunes library. :-)

whipstitches
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Sep 2009, 10:19 pm

Wiggling my toes! I do it all the time. They twitch... really. After that one.... touching my fingers. I like to touch each finger to my thumb... over and over.

duke666
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Sep 2009, 10:38 pm

Contorting my fingers while rotating my wrists.

I transformed it into a socially acceptable stretching of my hands and wrists, but I've been reclaiming some of the natural form, and I like it.

Sometimes it makes me look all hip-hop, and that confuses people <grin>.

I've experimented, and the natural form (especially when I'm by myself and just let it go) works a lot better than the tamed versions.

-The Madness of King George

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2009, 2:45 am

listening to the same record (would be a CD now) over and over and over.... :D

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2009, 2:45 am

Lab Pet is classical stimmer. When standing I sort-of twist at the waist, back and forth. Like the usual 'rocking' stim but mine's twisting. I rock too though. When standing stimming is best, and most apparent.
Sometimes I'll hold and pull at my shirt or jacket but not too overtly. Play with my hair too.

Yes, I do the classic hand-flapping and if excited I'll jump or hop. Often when I'm walking quickly I skip. This is one I've noticed NT (adults) do not do.

DarrylZero
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2009, 2:52 am

I used to play with my hair when I was younger and remember it being very soothing, so I decided to grow my hair out from a buzz cut so I could start doing it again. Now I have a hard time stopping once I realize I'm doing it. And if my hair is wet or cold... :D :D :D :D

poppetfish
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Sep 2009, 5:23 am

Jiggling my right leg up and down really fast.
Rotating my right ankle around really slowly so my toes to little circles.
Slowly stroking the foam on the handles of my pram.
Plaiting my hair.
Tracing my finger along the top of my nose.

ColdBlooded
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2009, 5:33 am

Uh, i like rocking :D I don't even bother trying to stop myself around other people anymore. Heck, it helps me to relax and focus, and i don't see how it would bother anyone around me, so i do it.. It usually starts without me thinking about it at all, but when i realize i'm doing it i usually don't stop. As for something i'm usually more aware of doing, i really like picking at the skin under my fingernails... And cuddling with, petting, and smelling my dogs, if that counts as a stim(whatever it is, i find it very stimulating to my senses. i love the feel of their fur). And i generally like to repetitively fiddle with whatever interesting little object happens to be around at the time, but i don't think that's very unusual.

By the way, labpet, i do that thing with holding and pulling at the bottom of my shirt or jacket also! I usually feel like i should be doing something with my hands when i'm standing, so when they aren't in my pockets or fiddling with something, that's something i tend to do a lot.

Erminea
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2009, 6:03 am

I like it when I sit in a chair to jiggle my legs up and down (feet on my toes) a lot or shake them a tad from side to side. Also tapping with my fingers on a surface like a table.... rhythmical with thumb and ring finger mostly. Drove my family half mad when I was a kid so I learned to not do it that often anymore but old habits....

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2009, 8:35 am

Highly probable it's nail biting these days...if that counts as a stim. I listen to the same song over and over, like, twenty or more times in a row. Maybe there's a few I do that I am not aware of, like, rocking or swaying when standing.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2009, 8:44 am

Pacing in small circles on tip toes.

Klint
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2009, 8:47 am

I know what bouncy balls you mean :)

I completely filled a velvet Crown Royal bag I found with them once ;)

As for a stim? I dunno... I do like to pull my arms into my shirt alot. Even when I'm not cold :)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2009, 8:49 am

For me, twisting my left wrist.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2009, 10:10 am

Bouncing either of my legs. But, my mom is constantly telling me to stop, and my psychologist tells me it's "anxiety provoking." My second one is twisting my bracelet. I have a medicalert bracelet and I twist the flat part of it back and forth.

I need one to replace my leg bouncing...sometimes I even do it when I'm trying to go to sleep.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2009, 10:29 am

The thing that Kazan does with his fingers in the movie Cube.

I always do that. I'm unsure of its purpose, but it just feels good dancing my fingers close to my face (I also do it at my side too).

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2009, 1:00 pm

Playing with the iPhone.