Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

LiberalJustice
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2009, 7:33 pm

What do you think of it?

Adopted mother to a cat named Charlotte, and grandmother to 3 kittens.

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2009, 9:34 pm

Well, its kinda hard to say it without being biased . . . but, having played it for about 4.5 years, its starting to wear on me. First, it depends on how you want to play: PvE (solo, or group play against NPCs and the like), PvP (Player vs Player, you see someone from the other faction you may kill on sight), and RP (Role Playing, being your character and seeing how you interact with the society therein). For someone just starting, Id recommend a PvE or RP server, because you dont have to worry about other players trying to kill you while you're minding your own business. Next is faction: Alliance (Humans, Gnomes, Night Elves, Dwarves, Draenei) or Horde (Orcs, Trolls, Tauren, Forsaken, Blood Elf). Having played both sides, Id recommend Horde if you're a mature and good mannered individual (Lots of kids play on the Alliance side and, well, they can get kinda annoying. But, Horde is not without its share of jerks and morons). Id say the game is worth trying for a few weeks, and if its for you keep it up and explore the dungeons, raids, and battlegrounds offered.

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2009, 5:07 am

I think it's full of extreme suckage. My stephfather tried to convine me to play it, he loves it. After a half hour-1 hour, I stopped playing, It is very addictive, and it's better playing real QUALITY games like mario, zelda etc, + they are YOURS after you have bought them :wink:

Ravenitrius
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2009, 6:25 am

The same stuff in WoW gets old really quick. I forced myself to quit the game and it really made me regret the hours I spent playing the game and raiding. Also I suck horribly at pvp despite being on a pvp server. I used to kill a certain class as a tank (cough rogues cough).

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2009, 7:44 am

Ravenitrius wrote:
The same stuff in WoW gets old really quick. I forced myself to quit the game and it really made me regret the hours I spent playing the game and raiding. Also I suck horribly at pvp despite being on a pvp server. I used to kill a certain class as a tank (cough rogues cough).

You should have tried a PvE or RP server (non-PvP of course), that way PvP would have been a choice, not a requirement. :)