Veteran

05 Oct 2009, 5:44 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_hl939

Here's start of article :arrow:

Quote:

Op-Ed: Fight to overcome autism gets major boost, higher priority

Mon Oct 5, 2:29 am ET

By Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius

Washington, DC — Last Wednesday, President Obama visited the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to announce the single biggest investment in biomedical research in American history. Among the $5 billion in grants he announced are new explorations of longtime research targets from cancer to heart disease. But the grants also include the largest-ever investment in an Obama administration priority that has so far gone mostly unnoticed: autism research.

President Obama has made autism a focus from the first days of his presidency. Less than a week after he was sworn in, my department’s Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee released its first-ever strategic plan for government autism research. And President Obama has backed this plan by adding $1 billion to his budget for autism over the next eight years. Altogether, the federal government will provide nearly twice as much funding for autism research in the upcoming fiscal year as we had just three years ago.

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2009, 7:26 pm

There's already a thread about this. You're behind! :P

When I first looked at the name of the thread, I thought her name was "succubus" LOL