Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

gest
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Oct 2009, 12:39 am

For some reason I seem to come off as the typical stoner at parties. Maybe it's the slow speed that I sometimes speak at, maybe it's other things. I was wondering if other people with Aspergers had similar experiences of people asking them if they smoke weed just based on the way they act? It could just be me (I have always fit in rather well with stoners), but I find it very annoying when I get this question.

79datsun
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Oct 2009, 12:58 am

Not me.

X_Parasite
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2009, 1:16 am

Only by people who do... But I think that they ask everyone that.
Otherwise, no.

Avarice
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2009, 2:51 am

Sometimes, people don't really ask if I'm a stoner as I usually don't answer people no matter what they say.

Though someone did ask me if I was autistic once... that's what got me to think about Autism.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2009, 7:41 am

Quote:
Do you get asked if you smoke weed a lot?

only when I smoked weed. . . :D

Locustman
Toucan
Toucan

09 Oct 2009, 8:36 am

Not anymore - although it's true.

The funny thing is, though, I used to get asked that a lot at high school when I hardly did drugs at all (except for beer and the occasional joint.) Then when I left for technical college and subsequently went to Uni it seemed to become a self-fulfilling prophesy.

I also get asked if I'm gay a lot, which I'm not (although there'd be nothing wrong with it if I was).

Murasame
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Oct 2009, 1:25 pm

I've never smoked weed but I did used to get asked this a lot, now people realise it's just me.

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2009, 2:26 pm

i even got expelled from school because i refused to do drug test they thought i use zypreksa still in school but pissed off i have enough problems just to deal with my past and then they wonder why in hell my school goes down hill :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Maika
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Oct 2009, 3:57 pm

I haven't been asked if I smoke weed but people have asked me if I'm drunk at least 30 times....and I don't drink alcohol at all lol

Mmmph

09 Oct 2009, 3:57 pm

Oh, I get asked all the time since I'm really spacey in general. A customer even asked me if I did when I was standing next to my boss. God, that was awkward.

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2009, 5:05 pm

one time years ago, when my youngest brother was in middle school, I was accused by one of the girls he went to school with, when we were all out on Halloween in the street in front of the house, of being high on marijuana. I hadn't touched the stuff then, and don't intend to start now. She was very insistent that I was high. But I was not, I was like, "no, I'm always like this, I've NEVER tried pot."

ChangelingGirl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2009, 5:09 pm

79datsun wrote:
Not me.

Me neither. I only got asked whether I'd used drugs once by a police officer, but that was when I was in a meltdown.

TheDuck
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Oct 2009, 5:37 pm

In high school everyone thought I was a stoner (people probably still do but don't say anything). I get offered weed on the street (random people) like 3 times a year average. It's all because of the eyes. (i'm sure long hair doesn't help either)

elderwanda
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2009, 7:41 pm

Well, at this point in my life, I look like the last person to light up a doob. (God, I can't believe I just said "doob". That's a first.)

I've never smoked pot and never will. When I was in high school, I took a certain amount of pride in being the only human being on campus who did not smoke pot. Actually, I don't think Mr. King, my history teacher, did either. Everyone else did, though.

And yet, people often assumed I was on drugs. I'm not sure what other people saw, but I spent most of my high school days with a pretty thick barrier between myself and other kids. I live in the same small city where I went to high school, and once in a while someone will come up to me and say they remember me. I never remember them. They list off a whole bunch of names of people they hope I'll remember, but I never do. I do remember that the teachers smoked dope, though.

Also, when I was in the Air Force, I requested to be transferred out of a job that involved flying, because I couldn't cope with puking my guts up every time we flew. I had to take a drug test, because it was assumed that only a drug-user would be crazy enough to not want a flying job. :roll:

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2009, 8:20 pm

Back when I was in high school, everyone thought I was on drugs. Of course...they actually did do drugs, and their hookups likely never saw me buy from them, so I wonder where they thought I got it.

and no, I never did drugs.

AngryJessman
Toucan
Toucan

09 Oct 2009, 10:09 pm

through primary school I had a bully say I was a stoner, arsemole!
in high school they prolly thought i was on anything and everything! ha ha