Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Mar 2010, 4:53 pm

Invade Jupiter :pirat:

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2010, 6:54 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
If I would dictator of a wealthy nation, then I would have a high percentage of the tax money budgeted for the conquest of space.

No doubt space and space technology have contributed greatly to the advance of current civilization but many other technologies have equal or more importance. Apportionment of tax dollars is a very tricky business and a good deal of the money is no doubt badly spent. Space must take its turn at the dollar feeding trough.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 12:02 am

Twyll wrote:

That conquest would end at the lethal magnetosphere unfortunately. However, the moons of Jupiter would be a lot more feasible and potentially useful.

Daniella
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Mar 2010, 8:27 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Twyll wrote:

That conquest would end at the lethal magnetosphere unfortunately. However, the moons of Jupiter would be a lot more feasible and potentially useful.

And you shall become my first counselor.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 8:32 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Twyll wrote:

And what would you use the moons of Jupiter for?

Alycat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 8:45 am

Make sure everyone had enough food and water, clothes to wear and shelter and warmth. I'd put money in to social sectors to make sure hospitals, leisure facilities, schools and suchlike were all of good standard (and free). Apart from that I wouldn't do anything other than allow things to carry on as they are.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 2:13 pm

Sand wrote:

No doubt space and space technology have contributed greatly to the advance of current civilization but many other technologies have equal or more importance.

The unmanned programs have been reasonably useful The manned space program is Pyramid Building. It is a boondogle.

ruveyn

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 2:17 pm

Sand wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Twyll wrote:

Under the assumption that there is no life on any of them, each colony would be able to trade the resources of the planetoid they're on. Europa would hold the market for water. Saturn's Titan would hold the market for methane. Io, if a safe place for a colony could be developed, would have loads of geothermal energy to transfer into other forms (e.g., batteries, laser power transfer, etc.)

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 7:25 pm

I would have any and all men who have raped women and/or children castrated. :evil: I would make birth control a law and using unprotected sex would be illegal. :evil: Only men and women who are intelligent, don't drink smoke or do drugs, have healthy genes and will be loving and devoted parents will be allowed to breed, which is the only thing sex is good for anyway. :twisted: They would require a license and have to pass a series of tests if they truly want to have children. If they failed they would be forced to wear a device that would make unprotected sex extremely unpleasant and painful. :twisted: I would have people who have physically abused other people beaten in prison so that they will feel, perhaps to a smaller degree, the pain, suffering and terror they inflicted on their victims. :evil: I would destroy alcohol and cigarettes and anyone caught swearing would have to pay a fine. :twisted: I would have so-called Hollywood "celebrities" put on a rocketship on a collision course to the sun. :twisted: I would get rid of all the horrible TV commercials and stupid soap operas and awful reality shows. :twisted: And I would have my own private animation studio and make excellent cartoon shows and ban all the stupid cartoons that are on TV now. :P

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 7:25 pm

I would have any and all men who have raped women and/or children castrated. :evil: I would make birth control a law and using unprotected sex would be illegal. :evil: Only men and women who are intelligent, don't drink smoke or do drugs, have healthy genes and will be loving and devoted parents will be allowed to breed, which is the only thing sex is good for anyway. :twisted: They would require a license and have to pass a series of tests if they truly want to have children. If they failed they would be forced to wear a device that would make unprotected sex extremely unpleasant and painful. :twisted: I would have people who have physically abused other people beaten in prison so that they will feel, perhaps to a smaller degree, the pain, suffering and terror they inflicted on their victims. :evil: I would destroy alcohol and cigarettes and anyone caught swearing would have to pay a fine. :twisted: I would have so-called Hollywood "celebrities" put on a rocketship on a collision course to the sun. :twisted: I would get rid of all the horrible TV commercials and stupid soap operas and awful reality shows. :twisted: And I would have my own private animation studio and make excellent cartoon shows and ban all the stupid cartoons that are on TV now. :P

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 11:01 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:

As dictator, I would have anyone who is as permanently-pissed as this fed low dosage happy-pills until they finally calm down.

CobaltBlew
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Mar 2010, 7:52 am

I would win them over and turn my land into a stateless society to do this political science will be compolsary from ages 13 to 18.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2010, 10:50 am

richardbenson wrote:
Sand wrote:
richardbenson wrote:
Sand wrote:
richardbenson wrote:
bannish everyone to the moon, leaving me the entire earth for myself. preferably a cold place with lots of mountains and scary animals
That's the most elaborate plan to commit suicide I have ever heard.
maybe i like the simple life, besides men have been living simply longer than than what weve been doing that last thousand years or so
Th last man on Earth? Hell. even you can figure better than that.
i have a feeling if you were the last man on earth you would argue with yourself constintly, making yourself miserable. am i right?

I'm afraid not. I would examine and question everything and try to make my life as interesting and as pleasant as circumstance would allow and I would have no idiots to try to bring to their senses and waste my time but as an Aspie I would have a fine time being alone.

Twyll

02 Apr 2010, 6:15 am

Sand wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Twyll wrote:

Materials to build an exact replica of earth. next to earth! :wtg:

Last edited by Twyll on 02 Apr 2010, 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2010, 6:31 am

Twyll wrote:
Sand wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Twyll wrote:

Materials to build and exact replica of earth. next to earth! :wtg:

Since we still have problems launching satellites don't you think shuffling planets around is outside our consideration for a few hundred years?

Last edited by Sand on 02 Apr 2010, 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2010, 6:46 am

Sand wrote:

Since we still have problems launching satellites don't you thing shuffling planets around is outside our consideration for a few hundred years?

More like tens of thousands of years, if ever. It takes gravity to move planets and mass is the only way to make a gravitational field. To move a planet we would have to build a massive planet out of small pieces. That would take a long, long time.

ruveyn