Do you like tossing out random facts?

Page 4 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Amajanshi
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2010, 7:25 am

I don't like saying random facts unless it's somehow related to the topic of discussion, in which it's not as random.

I felt that if I were to toss out random facts out of nowhere, people would think I'm being a show-off.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

17 Jan 2010, 11:20 pm

persian85033 wrote:
Yes. I'll interrupt people, as I feel I'm almost going to burst, with random facts, sometimes about nothing that has to do with what they're saying. If I don't, then I may forget.

That describes me, especially if I've recently learned a new fact that's interesting. However I don't intentionally interrupt. I wait until someone has finished their sentence and then say..."Did you know that (insert fact here)". They still accuse me of interrupting them though. :?

I don't understand it. Other people are allowed to start conversations about anything they like but when I start one, I'm apparently "disrupting the flow" (my mums friends words).

Rocky
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2010, 2:25 am

jocundthelilac wrote:
Rocky wrote:
I feel the need to rattle off some random trivia (off the top of my head) brought to mind by the previous posts or avatars of posters. You all may already know these bits of trivia. In reverse chronological order...
@poopylungstuffing- the ukulele translates to mean dancing flea.
@release_the_bats- Brian Wilson is a musical genius who once battled depression and agoraphobia.
@pensive- Sirius is the brightest true star visible in the northern hemisphere and is known as the dog star.
@Willard- Three periods (or dots) when used as punctuation is known as an ellipsis.

I better stop now or my inner Cliff Clavin will completely take over.

Now do me ;)

Sorry it took so long. I have to be away from the keyboard longer than I would like. Thanks for offering the challenge. Here goes:

Iceland is greener than Greenland and Greenland is icier than Iceland. (I think. Tell me if I am wrong.) :D

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2010, 1:20 pm

I've always wondered about that. How is that Greenland is actually more ice, and Iceland is actually more green. :?

GoddessofSnowandIce
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jan 2010, 1:39 pm

I wouldn't necessarily call it random fact throwing, though sometimes my listeners don't always connect the facts. Someone will be having a conversation, and I'll usually wait until they're done with their sentence, then say the old "Did you know...?" routine. I'm known around the office as the human encyclopedia. Most respect me for it, although I think some are definitely weirded out by it. *shrugs* I just like knowing things, and if I don't know something, I go nuts until I do a quick Google research on the subject. I don't know how I lived before the internet! LOL! :lol: