Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2010, 12:35 am

I'm hoping this is at least a little more novel question for religionists. You guys hear the same old questions over and over again.

Are animals outside his domain of control? Is it the soul and/or free will that allows the devil to latch on and skew behavior?

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2010, 12:56 am

I shot this while babysitting him at a friend's house. After a couple of hours, he was foaming at the mouth and meowing in strange tongues.

We had to search for a priest as it was the last option.
Good news is he's back to his self, at least for now....

Huldah
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Jan 2010, 1:01 am

Animals can be possessed with the spirit of the antichrist/devil. The serpent Genesis 3:5 and the pigs Mark 5:13 are great examples. However human beings are in control of animals Gen 1:26.

LiberalJustice
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2010, 11:34 pm

I doubt it.

Adopted mother to a cat named Charlotte, and grandmother to 3 kittens.

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2010, 11:53 pm

Ok so thats a yes.

So if I were a great scientist and I discovered a cure for cancer and were going to announce it in a press conference the next day, free to the world, the devil could hop in my neighbours rottweiler or whatever and use it to tear out my throat in the night?

To create and sustain torment and misery in the world?

Last edited by Fuzzy on 20 Jan 2010, 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arcanyn
Toucan
Toucan

20 Jan 2010, 12:03 am

No. Cats are the messengers of Bastet, and therefore immune. They're also great at scaring away reanimated mummies, too.

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2010, 3:01 am

Huldah wrote:
Animals can be possessed with the spirit of the antichrist/devil. The serpent Genesis 3:5 and the pigs Mark 5:13 are great examples. However human beings are in control of animals Gen 1:26.

its more likely religious fanatics spouting bible verses that are possessed with the devil, rather then any creature :roll:

NobelCynic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2010, 8:18 am

Fuzzy wrote:
So if I were a great scientist and I discovered a cure for cancer and were going to announce it in a press conference the next day, free to the world, the devil could hop in my neighbours rottweiler or whatever and use it to tear out my throat in the night?

More likely it would be a man with a snipers rifle hired by the health care industry to protect their profits.

Why would the devil bother with animals when there are so many men willing to do his bidding?

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2010, 8:24 am

NobelCynic wrote:
Fuzzy wrote:

More likely it would be a man with a snipers rifle hired by the health care industry to protect their profits.

Why would the devil bother with animals when there are so many men willing to do his bidding?

The snipers, these days, seem more to proliferate amongst the firmly Christian right to lifers.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2010, 11:06 pm

Huldah wrote:

Or crows, see the Omen - I find movies a far more credible source of information than the bible :wink:

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2010, 12:36 am

To consider snakes and tigers evil rather than fearful or hungry is a major delusion of humanity indicating a wide strain of prevalent insanity.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2010, 8:58 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxTy3JK_qgA[/youtube]

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2010, 10:32 am

I know cats are very manipulative and will usually have other animals do their dirty work for them.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2010, 12:12 pm

Why would anyone think that animals are controlled by the devil?
I'm nearly convinced my dog is an angel sometimes.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2010, 12:25 pm

Well, we have both ends, one of our cats named Charlie is a Chartreux (or so we think, he has green eyes) and he's quite the nicest cat i've seen in a while. :p The other cat is something of an angora, but we hardly know much more, and he's very troublesome (read : messy), i doubt he does it on purpose as he seems very nervous and mews often when nervous (even when we pat him). =/

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2010, 12:27 pm

Yes. He uses a magic remote control and pilots bears into eating your face. Or wasps. Whatever happens to be nearest.