Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

L_Lawlliet
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Feb 2010, 10:24 pm

i have always thought i was straight and i have always dated guys but now i i'm really confused.....

a month ago i met this girl who became almost my best friend really quickly but since a week ago i've come to think that maybe she's more than a friend to me.... and it scares me...
i''ve been dreaming of her and i.... well, i'm pretty sure that i'm having a crush on her.....
i'm kind of freaking out about this, even though my best friend (who's bisexual) tried to make me comfortable with this.... but well i never saw this coming
and it is not like i am homophobic, but i never thought i'd turn out bisexual or gay.....

anyway.... has this happened to anyone of you?? any advice you can give me??

Und dir in jeder dunklen nacht erschein'
Und dann fliegen
wir weit weg von hier
Wir werden uns nie mehr verlier'n

dustintorch
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2010, 10:28 pm

You're only 15, give it time and you'll figure it out. Whoever you are is ok, the worst thing you can do is try to go against who you really are.

Moony
Toucan
Toucan

11 Feb 2010, 12:32 am

He's right, give it time.

Don't just go "Oh, I guess I'm gay." It's fine to be who you are, but this needs serious thought.

You're only 15, so you have plenty of time to figure it all out. Take it.

MorbidMiss
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Feb 2010, 1:50 am

The harder you fight it the more ingrained this new "crush" will become. Instead just resolve to accept it. That does not mean you have to do anything about it, just acknowledge the feeling and then relax. It is not a big deal. It does not even necessarily mean you are bi. It just means that you have affectionate feelings for this one person who happens to be female. One time doesn't exactly make a trend.

If you turn out to be bi, or even gay it is not a big deal and if you turn out to be strait it is not a big deal. Human beings just make that much more complicated than it needs to be.

Laerrigan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Feb 2010, 2:05 am

I've had gay dreams and I'm quite straight. I just woke up, accepted that I'd felt that way, and moved on (MorbidMiss' "That does not mean you have to do anything about it" was very on-target). Sexual attraction is a fluid thing with a wide array of influences at different times. And especially during adolescence, personal attraction, affection, sensual desire, and aesthetics can stir up hormones in unexpected or unusual ways while everything is figuring itself out. Like everyone has said, don't sweat it. At this point in life, I have a female friend that I feel very close and bonded to, and I'd go so far as to say I love her almost like I love my husband (even started out rather like a crush), but there's nothing sexual in it---just a great degree of warmth and magnetism. She's probably the only one other than my husband or mom that I'd gladly hug or nestle against, if she weren't even more averse to such contact than I am :P

Hope I'm not intruding, being past adolescence, but the subject rang a bell :)

MorbidMiss
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Feb 2010, 2:24 am

LoL I did not even check where it was posted! I just responded in "Mom Mode". There are so many other things to worry about in the life of a young person (particularly one on the spectrum) that I could not bring myself not to say something.

Quite a ways from Adolescence myself.

Laerrigan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Feb 2010, 7:20 pm

My noticing the location of the post was purely a fluke and I should probably mark it on my calendar... :lol:

And I'll restrain myself from further borderline-OT-ness, but yes, I saw the topic and couldn't not put in a word of encouragement/understanding on the issue.

Etular
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Feb 2010, 8:29 am

Agreed with most of the above, however, there could be a reason behind it other than just "Teenage Hormones":

The Kinsey Scale!

The Kinsey scale is a very basic scale that was used in the early to mid 20th century to help understand levels of sexuality. considered rather basic by today's standards, it was very useful back then to study the "shades of grey" in sexuality. In a large survey, they recorded that very few people were "just 0" or "just 6". The majority were 1's, 2's, 4's and 5's. As for your own sexuality, you can decide for yourself. However, don't make the mistake that one of my friends did - being homosexual is more than just Sex, and you can still be homosexual even if you have a heterosexual partner of the opposite sex. So, it depends. If you get more attracted to men than woman you could be a 1 or 2 (assuming it is just this one girl that you have a crush on), If you find yourself attracted to both equally and crushing on various members of both, it would probably be a 3. If you find yourself feeling attracted more to your own sex, as much as you may hate to admit it, it may be a 4.

Zeek
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2010, 12:20 am

Take your time. I know this is hard to handle from experience, I myself am a bisexual. I found out when I was 12 but when I look back I know I always was, it's the way I was made. Even as a little boy I used to look at the other guys in the changing room, call me a perv but I was too young to know it was wrong. I just liked it. Look at your past and look at yourself now. You don't need to label yourself right now but just take your time and work it out, you'll find out eventually. If you need anymore help or anyone wants any advice on their seuxal orientations my email address is [email protected]

Etular
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Mar 2010, 2:11 am

Zeek wrote:
Even as a little boy I used to look at the other guys in the changing room, call me a perv but I was too young to know it was wrong. I just liked it. Look at your past and look at yourself now.

That brought up some very old memories of mine... Old memories that i have kept hidden at the back of my mind for years.

Zeek
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2010, 2:24 am

Have you pushed them back from shame or just because they're unimportant. Also I like ur kinsey scale. I'd have to say i'm a 3 or a 4. Possibly a 3.5 (doesn't exist but I'm really close to even, just not quite I don't think. Or maybe that's just the fact I'm in love with a girl talking)

Etular
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Mar 2010, 12:10 pm

Zeek wrote:
Have you pushed them back from shame or just because they're unimportant.

Both, I think. I was ashamed that I felt the need to stare and found it unimportant because, back then, I had very little (if any at all) sexual feelings at the time.

Zeek
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2010, 4:39 pm

Etular wrote:
Zeek wrote:
Have you pushed them back from shame or just because they're unimportant.

Both, I think. I was ashamed that I felt the need to stare and found it unimportant because, back then, I had very little (if any at all) sexual feelings at the time.

Well don't be ashamed, when your little it isn't that important, you wouldn't have known the difference back then. I think back to it and fight it kind of interesting. I find all things about my sexuality and my Aspergers interesting. Just embrace this s**t. There's no use burying stuff (okay that's bad advice coming from me cus I bury heaps of stuff but it's still true)

Etular
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Mar 2010, 2:25 am

Zeek wrote:
Well don't be ashamed, when your little it isn't that important, you wouldn't have known the difference back then. I think back to it and fight it kind of interesting. I find all things about my sexuality and my Aspergers interesting. Just embrace this sh**. There's no use burying stuff (okay that's bad advice coming from me cus I bury heaps of stuff but it's still true)

There is always denial before acceptance. I am more or less stuck between the two as far as my sexuality is concerned.

Zeek
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2010, 2:56 pm

I understand the feeling but if you know your in denial then it's easier to overcome.

Caroline16
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Apr 2010, 9:04 pm

You're never going to believe this.... the same exact thing happened to me just about a month ago. I'm trying to figure out the same thing and it's hard, especially since the girl just told me she doesn't want to date right now. I got so bummed and I still am, but I still like her and I'm not gonna give up hope!