Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2010, 10:54 pm

at a place called hhgregg, they are like Circuit City or Best Buy. I will be selling appliances and home entertainment equipment!! !! !!

blastoff
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Mar 2010, 11:36 pm

congratulations!

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2010, 11:36 pm

Congrats!

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2010, 1:06 am

ebec11 wrote:
Congrats!

Thanks

spacecadetdave
Raven
Raven

14 Mar 2010, 9:07 am

I hope it all goes well for you.

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2010, 9:53 am

spacecadetdave wrote:
I hope it all goes well for you.

Thanks

JHenry2848
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Mar 2010, 12:38 am

I used to work in customer service at MC'Donalds. It's a pain because your dealing with people and fetching their food. I was good at the organising orders part but all of the different people and their different personalities was really too much for me to handle. Every person orders in a different way, they act silly and,ofcourse, treate cashiers like s**t. I did the job for a little over a year but promised myself that I wouldnt work with people directlly ever agian.

JHenry2848

15 Mar 2010, 12:38 am

I used to work in customer service at MC'Donalds. It's a pain because your dealing with people and fetching their food. I was good at the organising orders part but all of the different people and their different personalities was really too much for me to handle. Every person orders in a different way, they act silly and,ofcourse, treate cashiers like s**t. I did the job for a little over a year but promised myself that I wouldnt work with people directlly ever agian.

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2010, 12:26 am

Well, with the economy the way it is, I better learn to like people quickly I guess, because, around where I live, there is not much and quite frankly, this is a relatively easy, more cerebral job than working in a factory for 8 bucks an hour...

Brennan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Mar 2010, 4:34 am

Congratulations!

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2010, 6:18 pm

Thanks. We are currently going through training, which is very thorough... Also, we were told that out of 500 that applied, only 53 got hired.

FabulousFemale
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Mar 2010, 2:18 am

Congratulations Scott! It sounds like you have a great attitude which will work towards helping you keep this job long-term. People looking to buy appliances are usually not near as bad or difficult as those punks you get in a fast food joint ordering off the value menu. :wink:

Personally, I *love* working, especially when I can interact with people concerning something specific and of relevance (like in your case, discussing appliances and the like with them).

Enjoy your new position!

"It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste." ~Henry Ford

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2010, 8:48 am

^^ Thanks Fabulous

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2010, 9:34 am

ScottF wrote:
at a place called hhgregg, they are like Circuit City or Best Buy. I will be selling appliances and home entertainment equipment!! !! !!

Congrats Scott! :king: You are so lucky Scott. I wish I could work at a place like that. I love those stores. :sunny:

CobaltBlew
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Mar 2010, 6:57 am

That's fantastic! Well done! :D

FreeSpirit2000
Toucan
Toucan

29 Mar 2010, 3:06 am

Well you should be proud of yourself! It is hard to find a job, especially in a economic recession, and how people are cutting jobs. Be proud with what you have accomplished and have fun at your new job!