Page 2 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Apr 2010, 1:20 am

Fuzzy wrote:
in the old testament.

I mean, that makes a heck of a lot more sense, doesnt it?

The really bad crimes were all his ideas. And he had to remake himself into the kind god that Christians believe in.

Or maybe I am wrong. But that means hes still the same bastard he was?

I donno. I donno. Maybe its better that there is no god, because there is just no rectifying what Jews and Christians believe.

Sums it up nicely...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGR4SFOimlk[/youtube]

The former things have passed away."

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2010, 4:28 am

waltur wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sand wrote:
leejosepho wrote:
Fuzzy wrote:
... there is just no rectifying what Jews and Christians believe.

Oh, come on now. What is it you believe Jews and Christians believe that cannot be set right?

I have yet to ever anywhere find a false belief that cannot be corrected!

Does that testify to the correctability of misinformation or your lack of perception?

Ability to correct would be the intended meaning, Sand.

I can't help myself.... Please forgive me... ...that kinda proves sand's point. :)
...though I like the optimism that believers of false gods can be saved by rational thought. Like moulder, I want to believe (in the power of rational thought over irrational belief).

I'm sorry, sand wished to make an insult against leejosepho concerning lack of perception. I reply to Sand for once without throwing a barb in here and now you claim that Sand had any other point than just to take a stab and that I proved it by indicating that the former option was the best fit for what leejosepho intended. Vos estis supradensior plumbium.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2010, 4:31 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
waltur wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sand wrote:
leejosepho wrote:
Fuzzy wrote:

Oh, come on now. What is it you believe Jews and Christians believe that cannot be set right?

Does that testify to the correctability of misinformation or your lack of perception?

I can't help myself.... Please forgive me... ...that kinda proves sand's point. :)
...though I like the optimism that believers of false gods can be saved by rational thought. Like moulder, I want to believe (in the power of rational thought over irrational belief).

I'm sorry, sand wished to make an insult against leejosepho concerning lack of perception. I reply to Sand for once without throwing a barb in here and now you claim that Sand had any other point than just to take a stab and that I proved it by indicating that the former option was the best fit for what leejosepho intended. Vos estis supradensior plumbium.

So pointing out that a claim has other possibilities is an insult? Strange reaction.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2010, 4:47 am

Sand wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
waltur wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sand wrote:
leejosepho wrote:
Fuzzy wrote:

So pointing out that a claim has other possibilities is an insult? Strange reaction.

Oh yes, the other possibility just happens to be the questioning of another person's ability to perceive.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2010, 5:07 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sand wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
waltur wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sand wrote:
leejosepho wrote:
Fuzzy wrote:

Oh yes, the other possibility just happens to be the questioning of another person's ability to perceive.

Precisely. Do you assume we each have perfect perception?

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2010, 5:57 am

Sand wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sand wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
waltur wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sand wrote:
leejosepho wrote:
Fuzzy wrote:

No, I don't assume that, but what kind of a rhetorical gesture is it to question another's abilities?

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2010, 6:28 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sand wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sand wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
waltur wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sand wrote:
leejosepho wrote:
Fuzzy wrote:

No, I don't assume that, but what kind of a rhetorical gesture is it to question another's abilities?

I question my own and other's abilities continuously. I try not to be gullible. If you value gullibility we differ.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2010, 6:35 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:

Ah, let it go, 'keet. I altogether stopped reading any of Sand's posts several days ago ... and I do not say that to take a cheap shot. I find it almost impossible to believe so many folks here cannot have a discussion without digging away at each other, but that is just how it is.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2010, 6:44 am

leejosepho wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

Ah, let it go, 'keet. I altogether stopped reading any of Sand's posts several days ago ... and I do not say that to take a cheap shot. I find it almost impossible to believe so many folks here cannot have a discussion without digging away at each other, but that is just how it is.

I am distraught.

Avarice
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2010, 8:02 am

It's amazing how quickly this forum can turn a topic from Christ being killed because God sinned to an argument about who reads Sand's posts...

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2010, 8:08 am

Avarice wrote:
It's amazing how quickly this forum can turn a topic from Christ being killed because God sinned to an argument about who reads Sand's posts...

What does that signify?

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2010, 8:11 am

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2010, 8:41 am

MissConstrue wrote:

Who? Me? Jesus hasn't posted a single comment to me about the matter.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2010, 9:42 am

Sand wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sand wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sand wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
waltur wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sand wrote:
leejosepho wrote:
Fuzzy wrote:

I question my own and other's abilities continuously. I try not to be gullible. If you value gullibility we differ.

I don't really have anything to say on that - I'm just starting to find the nested boxes of quoted text hypnotic...

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2010, 9:48 am

MissConstrue wrote:

Very strange. He doesn't look Jewish at all. More like an Aryan.

ruveyn

waltur
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2010, 11:23 am

Hehehehahahahaha... When someone says that They've never found a false belief that cannot be corrected and someone else questions whether those false beliefs are corrected or if we just wish they were, ...they're probably poking fun, not jabbing with an insult.

Also: since when is a religion thread complete without at least 2 people stating that they are ignoring sand? It's easier for some people to ignore than to refute. Some of us, however, find it difficult to ignore statements that can so easily be refuted.

It's not always fruitless to engage in rational discussion with theists. Much can be learned of the benefits of theism and that information can be used to better illustrate the vestigial nature of religion. The loudest religionists may never come to reason, but many quiet theists can be converted. Someday, hopefully, the presumption that one need not be correct in order to be right will be recognized as foolish by most people instead of the small minority we currently are.

Last edited by waltur on 01 Apr 2010, 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.