How u develop ur social interaction skills?

Page 1 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

bakachu
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Apr 2006, 12:55 pm

internal 'video recordings' of situations, specifically of events that capture my attention for some unkown reason. analyse these, try to identify reoccuring patterns between all the videos, break the patterns down into their components and identify the affects that these components may be causing, then test the patterns/components theorys out through my own behaviour.. watch for the response that these get, and then store this understanding of how things work. Rinse, lather, repeat! move focus on to finding the next thing... and it all starts again, a never ending search! tired

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2006, 2:56 am

I don't develop my social skills, I develop other peoples alcohol intake.

jammie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Apr 2006, 4:11 am

i develop them but looking at what other do and copying. i often ciopy my bosses body language in the office and i whach people alot when i am walking don#wn the street or queing,

but if i am tired it reallly hard.

jammie

Florescent
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Apr 2006, 11:04 am

Yeah me to I don;t copy though. I don;t know how I could be this advanced considering all the truama I face unless I stuffed inside.

alex
Developer
Developer

08 Apr 2006, 12:47 pm

I think it takes practice and study, and maybe a little help from a friend.

Odda
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Location: Caught in the depths, and infinite vastness of cyberspace.

08 Apr 2006, 12:48 pm

larsenjw92286 wrote:
I learn from experience.

Ditto.

Florescent
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Apr 2006, 1:17 pm

I rarely talked to anyone no pratice I guess I learned what not to do with from my parents. I loved my cousins seemed to have them also then also it still seems like it came out of no where I will never know.

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2006, 1:43 pm

I would suggest trying to learn social skills by just hanging out with people you get along with, thats how normal people do it, now if your lacking those find a group you can hang out with. Eventually you will learn how they can talk and stuff and start to imitate it.

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

Florescent
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Apr 2006, 2:23 pm

Don't attack me I bite. I have excellent social skills even my therapist says so. I even picked some stuff most people nt don;t know. I was just wondering were they came from they don;t come out of thin air. Although they seem to.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2006, 2:24 pm

Absolutely!

Florescent
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Apr 2006, 2:31 pm

You could learn a thing or too from me. I am very receptive to the fealings of others I read people like a book. I diagnoise my mom specific kind of depression and how it relates to my miserable exsistance. My therapist thinks I am correct.

Florescent
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Apr 2006, 3:41 pm

Damn are you trying to be nice or are you actually agreeing with me? damn pstd damn it it drives me crazy I wish the harassment would stop shut up shut up he is not out to get me. Damn you you are makin trouble for us what the hell is matter with you we could be worrying for nothing cut the s**t. No you I was tallking to it.

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2006, 12:59 am

I developed my social interaction skills pretty much by interacting with others, and then afterwards my mom and/or dad would tell me if something was wrong with that (if they saw me interact of course). But otherwise I learned some of my social interaction skills by some special ed. programs, but not as enrolled in the class. In middle school, and even a little in high school, a certain teacher gives me a little bit of advice on some aspect of interaction. There have been other times, however, that I've learned some social interaction skills simply by trial and error, and seeing how someone would react to it. I'm still learning, and I think I'll have to keep learning a little at a time for pretty much the rest of my life, though.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2006, 7:43 pm

two words: performing arts! get involved in acting. you may be a bit shy about it (or shy in general) but it really helps, like unbelievably! don't be afraid to act crazy. it's so much fun!

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2006, 8:30 pm

There is no substitute for raw experiance

It was all hit and miss through my childhood, but i came out it alright i reckon

Florescent
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Apr 2006, 8:57 pm

Apparently you did not read my post. Some of us are so good we don;t have to interact and just observing is good enough. I will bet you could learn a thing or to. I would be happy to consel you if you need advice pm me. Total genius future pschologist right here.