Anyone ever have REALLY bad thoughts?

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 7:41 pm

Alright, so we all have bad thoughts from time-to-time right? Most of us don't act on most of our bad thoughts since if we did, some of the actions we do would land us in big trouble. However, I find that in the past I have had incidence where I had really bad thoughts and I was wondering if some of you also have such bad thoughts.

The following are some bad thoughts that I had in the past. Warning: some thoughts may be really disturbing.

"Oh ya! Look at how many people died in the school shooting spree! Woooo!! !! !"

"Haha, look at that! New Orleans is mostly flooded. Those rich American bastards who think they are invinsible finally gets a taste of what some countries frequently go through in a natural disaster."

"Aw man, why is European airspace reopened again? The volcanic ash is gone? But they still haven't been turned into third world countries yet."

"I can't wait to see the 'big one' (earthquake) occur in California." (Obviously, I don't live in California)

One thing I noticed is that all of these occur in first world countries. I noticed that I don't have bad thoughts when people suffer in third world countries. My attitude is wrong, but I have this attitude of, "man, these people living such comfortable lives, about time they suffer and see what less fortunate people go through."

Recently I have made improvements in the sense that I have attempted to ignore and remove these bad thoughts/attitudes.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 7:59 pm

These are called "intrusive thoughts": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intrusive_thoughts

I get them pretty much every day, in all three varieties (aggressive, sexual and blasphemous) but I try not to let them bother me too much, aside from a fleeting feeling of guilt. Like my mom always says, thoughts can't hurt anyone unless you decide to act on them.

Last edited by IdahoRose on 09 May 2010, 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 8:28 pm

I get those all the time. Like when I meet someone new or if someone is being friendly to me I get involuntary thoughts of bad things happening to them. Obviously I don't really want any of these things to happen to them, but I can't help but have those thoughts. It all ties in with OCD, which I'm pretty sure I have even though I've never been diagnosed.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 8:32 pm

Every time that I read about a scantly dressed girl or woman who's been raped, I think in my mind, "That female got just what she deserved. You'll get raped, if you walk around, looking like that.

Darkword
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 9:15 pm

I'm not sure if this is what you mean. But sometimes when I'm looking at someone I find myself imagining them on fire. There isn't necessarily any hate in this. It's just something that seems to keep coming to mind as I look at them.

Last edited by Darkword on 09 May 2010, 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 9:19 pm

Darkword wrote:
I'm not sure if this is what you mean. But sometimes when I'm looking at someone I find myself imaging them on fire. There isn't necessarily any hate in this. It's just something that seems to keep coming to mind as I look at them.

No, its hard to explain, in a way I don't feel any hate but I think I feel a sense of unfairness in this world and so when something bad happens in developed countries my mind seems to be like "ok, makes sense, its their turn to suffer." Ya, horrible thoughts.

Darkword
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 9:22 pm

Yeah. I felt that way about the world trade centers as well as Katrina. A part of me was sad about the tsunami though.

Guess I'm racist against my own people.

Last edited by Darkword on 09 May 2010, 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Epilefftic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 May 2010, 9:25 pm

"It would be so easy to crush that skinny throat of hers"
"I don't really want to fight, but if I have to I'll just have to claw his eyes out"
"I wish someone would just stomp his head into the concrete"
"Why are these Tupperwares so hard to open?"
"You expect me to feel bad about these people losing their homes? They built a city near the ocean below sea level"
"I wonder what would happen if I died right now, it would be so easy"
"Why am I wishing for something so illogical?"
"I wish I had more pairs of jeans"
"Newspapers are so overrated"
"Does this dress make me look fat, or gay?"

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2010, 2:07 am

when i'm stuck behind a passive/aggressive slowpokin' slug in traffic, i often imagine that somebody pulls along side of 'em and takes a "streetsweeper" automatic shotgun and fills 'em full of holes and leaves 'em a smokin' heap by the side of the road.
a few decades back- after a lousy day at work, i started my drive home in nasty rush-hour traffic when, exiting the [post] gate, some impudent woman in a hotrod mustang nearly amputated the front of my car in her rush to get ahead of me, making me stand on my brakes and making my nether region suck major seat-bottom, so i tailgated her within inches for the next mile, gripping the life out of my steering wheel and glaring at her in her rear-view mirror, thinking murderous thoughts about her and thinking "MURDER!! !"- when, to my surprise, she suddenly pulled off to the side of the road and let me pass her, and when i turned around to look at her, she quickly turned away and ducked beneath her dashboard. evil, i know. we all have our moments.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2010, 3:29 am

This is real REAL messed up, but just last night I was talking on my cell phone, and walking around my empty pool in the backyard with my niece just kinda toddling behind. I visualized kicking her off the edge into the deep end, jumping down onto her, then jumping up and down on her, laughing.

JCpatriots
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 May 2010, 4:20 am

I do get thoughts like this a few times a week, usually not to that extent. Something more like "Haha, look at those rich bastards lose money. Shows them well for doing (such and such). They deserve it." or something to that extent. I'm usually not too violent with the thoughts, unless the person really pisses me off.

ALacount
Toucan
Toucan

26 May 2010, 11:04 am

some of my thoughts;
`i could kill my mother`
`only 20 dead? BOOOOORING!`
`I could kill that child easily`
`I want to see that baby hurt`
and other asociated weirdness....

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2010, 11:53 am

Epilefftic wrote:
"It would be so easy to crush that skinny throat of hers"
"I don't really want to fight, but if I have to I'll just have to claw his eyes out"
"I wish someone would just stomp his head into the concrete"
"Why are these Tupperwares so hard to open?"
"You expect me to feel bad about these people losing their homes? They built a city near the ocean below sea level"
"I wonder what would happen if I died right now, it would be so easy"
"Why am I wishing for something so illogical?"
"I wish I had more pairs of jeans"
"Newspapers are so overrated"
"Does this dress make me look fat, or gay?"

What are so bad about those ones (in bold)? :?

Anyways, according to Freudian theory, everyone has really bad thoughts, but usually they're blocked from our conscious minds.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2010, 12:02 pm

Yes, I have them from time to time.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2010, 12:07 pm

I have terrible thoughts too. I think everyone does.

On a side note, the area of New Orleans that was damaged so severely was a pretty impoverished area (ninth ward, for those who know what I'm talking about). (OP mentioned something about wealth.) We've been to see progress on the coast of Mississippi and in New Orleans a handful of times. The houses have spray painted numbers identifying how many (dead) bodies were found in the house. My house was damaged in the hurricane as well, someone I know was killed also.

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2010, 12:16 pm

This is pretty normal for everyone. The goal is not to act out your thoughts.

I occasionaly think about shooting up my loud neighbors's house, or cutting their power cables. Or running over a car that pissed me off. (I drive an offroad Jeep so yeah I'd run right over a Honda.) Or punch a co-worker in the face. Not that I'd ever actually do any of that.