I'm pretty sure I'm attracted to men...

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Jaejoongfangirl
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2010, 3:57 am

I've never had sexual thoughts about other women. But I do have more female friends than I do men. And I feel emotionally closer with them more often too - though still a bit distant. Emotion just isn't something that has a large influence on my behavior...

Now, I've had a few legitimate 'crushes' on guys before - but none have been at all intense or developed into anything serious. They've been very, very laid back. Typically, the way they work is: I'm initially attracted to a guy - usually because of the way he behaves and/or looks - and I might make an extra effort around him or hang out with him more often in this brief period, or maybe not. As a bit of time goes by, the faint feeling of attraction always passes along with it quickly and painlessly. Then I tend to distance myself from him a bit unless we have lots of mutual friends and are often in contact. Just to avoid pointless drama.

Never had a boyfriend, never been kissed, held hands romantically or any of that stuff. Though I see the appeal of having a connection with someone (for me, so far, just women) , and I am attracted to other people (so far, just men) on a physical level, I just don't see the point of artificially manufacturing a connection with someone that happens to be sexually attractive (men) or pretending that I find someone that I organically 'connect' with to be attractive when I don't (women).
So, if I don't really get on with men, and I'm not physically attracted to women, what on earth...? I don't think these feelings make me asexual...

I've never felt an emotional connection with a man. Not once. In almost 19 years. Why is this???

Is it too much to ask for a genuine connection with someone that I'm also genuinely attracted to? Does that just mean I'm too picky? Or are my generally in-control internal emotions to blame for the rarity with which I feel emotional connection?

I'm just very confused.... ): Any advice/observations/questions/comments are loved.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2010, 4:24 am

Well yes, men are quite attractive!

There are many people in the world who can fall for just about anyone who is of the sex they are attracted to, and then there are others who really need a certain someone to trip those circuits.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2010, 4:30 am

I rarely have female friends, and what's more, I tend not to get too close to women - there's usually a point where either I'm interested, or I wonder if she is, and I just start feeling awkward and not as good a conversationalist as before. I think this is common among men and women, and as such, I wouldn't take it as reason to doubt your sexual orientation. You seem to be quite confidently straight.

All I'd suggest is that you don't ask for so much from men you're attracted to. If you have an enjoyable time dating a guy, and being intimate with him, I don't see anything wrong with that even if you don't end up being life partners or something. And maybe you'll have that long-awaited "connection" in the course of dating, as opposed to before you start.

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2010, 6:20 pm

Maybe you're one of those women that would make well with a more sensitive, emotional kind of guy.
What is about guy's emotionally wise that you don't find as attractive? Are they distant and detached to you? Obviously guys won't be talking about girlish things like female friends probably do but what do want from a guy besides the physical? Have you ever been emotionally close to any guy before?

I've understood that girls generally aren't that physically attracted to a guy but attracted more on how they make them feel.

Come check out my photography!
http://dmausf.deviantart.com/