Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2010, 11:41 pm

I accidently sent wrong signals to people that I liked this girl, and I wasn't trying to. I feel like never leaving the house ever again. :oops:

I am a ret*d.

Shadwell
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2010, 11:56 pm

No offense but it kinda seems silly to get so upset over this. I've been upset over trifles before too though.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2010, 11:58 pm

Don't you ever call yourself a ret*d. If you say it often enough, you'll begin to believe it.

EnglishInvader
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2010, 12:02 am

Ferdinand wrote:
I accidently sent wrong signals to people that I liked this girl, and I wasn't trying to. I feel like never leaving the house ever again. :oops:

I am a ret*d.

Trust me. Ten years down the line and you'll look upon this as a pleasant memory.

melbi
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2010, 12:13 am

dont worry about it...i did that before...it was embarrasing..but it'll be alright...over time...

nostromo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2010, 12:39 am

One time I told this girl she could sleep in my bed in front of acquiantances as in I was offering her to use my room as I was going home for the weekend, but I forgot to mention that and it pretty much sounded to her and everyone else like I was just calmly saying to this virtual stranger 'come sleep in my bed with me'..which I worked out about 5 minutes later while we were all still there :oops: .
Many other embarrassing memories, bah they don't matter anymore its just funny

Mcmanly
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Jun 2010, 1:54 am

Ferdinand wrote:

I am a ret*d.

I agree their good sir. (Note that this is not the Haven so I'm not here to baby you.)

You feel ret*d because you "accidentally" gave the impression you liked a girl?? The only way I could see how that could make you feel ret*d is if she was a HUGE cow or you are a girl (which you are not).
Congrats on showing that you are not gay (not that theirs anything wrong with it!) and have interest in women.

Really I'm not even sure how to respond to this topic since you supplied us with about 0 info other then "I made it seem like I liked a chick that I didn't and now I feel ret*d."

PS:anyone see my sig?Not showing up on my side.

jeweetwelwie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Jun 2010, 5:38 am

Mcmanly wrote:

I can't see it.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2010, 5:45 am

Yes......what's wrong with liking a girl? I like lots of girls and I don't care who knows it.

Unless you mean you got the hots for one and accidentally told some rotten people who are going to use it against you somehow?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2010, 6:41 am

I'm sorry, that I came across a bit hard, it's that I don't see why WP members feel the need to put themselves down, that way. I'm not angry.

sylvr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jun 2010, 6:44 am

Mcmanly wrote:

Perhaps check the box in your profile editor that says "display signature" (or something like that)?

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 62 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2010, 8:25 am

I think that happens to everyone. There's much more embarassing things that can happen. At least it wasn't a gay guy thinking you were gay and hitting on him. I had that happen once and I'm NOT gay. :?

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2010, 8:29 am

sylvr wrote:
Mcmanly wrote:

Perhaps check the box in your profile editor that says "display signature" (or something like that)?

I think you have to check the 3rd box down under the big box you type in every time you make a post. Seems to default back to unchecked every time though, unless there's a switch somewhere I haven't found.

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2010, 8:38 am

Ugh, I know how you feel, Ferdinand. I've done that before. More times than I'd like to acknowledge. I have no idea how that happens. It's made quite a hermit out of me. It'll be ok. At least liking someone (even though you don't) is a positive thing. Don't worry, they'll forget about it soon. Really.

LancetChick
Raven
Raven

11 Jun 2010, 8:40 am

I just turned 50 and I totally get those moments where you JUST DIE of embarrassment. One thing I've learned, though, is that no matter how cool the person is who now knows (or believes) you have a thing for her/him, it's actually flattering to them, even if they don't share the interest, and even if they seem to scoff at it. The world is chock full of people indicating an interest in other people, and lots of times that interest is either fleeting or misplaced, so no harm done. Revealing an interest in someone, I've learned over time, is something that can be the most humiliating thing, but is something that shouldn't be. I doubt this girl assumes you are going to devote the rest of your life to worshiping at her altar. If you aren't interested in her, the best thing you can do is to just go on about your life without going out of your way to ignore her, which can also be a sign of interest. Easier said than done, though.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2010, 11:56 am

I understand how mortified you feel, but this is the kind of thing that has happened to literally everyone, not just people with AS. It will just blow over, like these things almost always do.