Borrowing known forms of media into personal projects?

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

BroncosRtheBest
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Sep 2010, 9:36 pm

I once did a fanfic in my head about Star Wars, but it never got to paper. My stories are pretty much based on stuff that could happen in the real world, but they're just way too cool to. :D

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 8:43 am

anneurysm wrote:
Taupey wrote:
I love your imagination IdahoRose. :)

As do I!

Thank you! It took a lot of courage to post about my imagination, so I'm glad that there are people who enjoy it. :)

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 12:19 pm

MrXxx wrote:
I don't see how this could possibly be unique to AS or Autism.

We all build the imaginary from what we hear and observe. Everything from imagination is just a reworking of things we already have learned or know.

What makes our own imagination unique isn't what we use for the "parts," it's how we take them apart and reorganize them.

There could be something unique in the way Autistics reorganize known things into previously unknown things, but I know of no studies that have explored this.

Other than WP, I have never heard anyone mention that they build elaborate fantasies or have entire worlds in their imagination. Does everyone who is not autistic really do this?

Ackman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2010, 11:48 am

I have a world, in which probably most of this place knows about...Anyways, some of my characters are the same as the ones in a really famous movie, however I created them in 1994, well before I had heard that this movie was ever going to be released. Is this a coincidence?

boosterjones
Toucan
Toucan

08 Dec 2010, 9:59 am

I've done this as well!! !!

When I was young, I was a HUGE 'Sonic the Hedgehog' fan and I would often come up with fanfics that expanded on it.

Many of my best stories are fanfics (I'm working on an epic one based on 'The Mysterious Cities of Gold' at the moment) but I've done others that use my own chacrters, but have also borrowed elements fro other things I have enjoyed over the years.

To name but one I'm working on a SF epic that I've called 'Booster Jones' that takes elements from 'Flash Gordon' 'Star Wars' the 'Narnia' books and 'Negima!' to name just a few....

I've put one of my first drafts up on my blog and you can feel free to comment if you like. However I have since rewrote this and it will be appering as a comic strip as I was unhappy with some elements of what I wrote.

Goodbye Till Next Time