What are some of your favorite movie scenes?

Page 4 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Mackica
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2010, 10:41 pm

this scene in The Philadelphia Story-the cast is simply phenomenal!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZGFthZLznk&feature=related[/youtube]
Audrey singing La Vie En Rose from Sabrina-so much emotion in her voice, she really was underrated
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLbr-3_U4z8&feature=related[/youtube]
Cary Grant takes a shower....[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZRUYvlbkgc&feature=related[/youtube]
Mel Ferrer being goofy...[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlfZkc08kY0[/youtube]

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2010, 4:22 am

Audrey Hepburn was beautiful. It is funny just how much younger the female leads appear compared to the male leads in classic movies.

Bunneth
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Nov 2010, 1:43 pm

sluice wrote:
Audrey Hepburn was beautiful. It is funny just how much younger the female leads appear compared to the male leads in classic movies.

Audrey was often considerably younger than the male leads in her films. Love in the Afternoon is probably the most notorious of these instances and Gary Cooper's performance was pretty universally panned by critics when it was released as he was thought to be too old for the role.

I love fight scenes and training montages in films, it's how I get myself psyched up before I go out to a party. This is one of my favourites from City of Violence:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gmyoclyl1I[/youtube]

aspiesavant
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2016, 8:23 am

Below, you find a list of some of my absolute favorite scenes... in no particular order!

________

From Mr Robot :

From Revolver :

From Cashback :

From Requiem For A Dream :

From Donnie Darko :

From Mr Nobody :

From Magnolia :

From Black Snake Moan :

From Watchmen :

From Natural Born Killers :

From Waking Life :

From American Beauty :

From Ghost in the Shell :

From Fight Club :

From Edward Scissorhands :

From Code 46 :

From Watership Down :

From Full Metal Jacket :

From American History X :

From V For Vendetta :

eace85
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Sep 2016, 8:57 pm

raisedbywookiees
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Sep 2016, 12:48 am

Tucker and Dale vs Evil "Smile and Laugh":

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2016, 2:45 am

The climactic scene when Darth Vader tells Luke, "No, I am your father," from The Empire Strikes Back.

In JFK, when private detective Jack Martin tells DA Jim Garrison about how his late boss and right wing fanatic, Guy Banister, had been operating a CIA sponsored Anti-Castro training camp and running guns out of his office, going into detail, complete with flashbacks, of Cuban exiles and right wing American radicals training for a new invasion of Cuba. When Garrison asks about Oswald, Martin, almost unable to speak at first nods, and says, "He was there."

The scene from Blue Velvet, when, in the darkness of the empty countryside at night, Frank Boothe has his gang members hold Jeffrey while he rubs lipstick all over his mouth, then repeats the lines of Roy Orbison's "A Candy Colored Clown" playing on the car radio to him, the sexual tension from Frank being undeniable. Before savagely beating him, Franks demands, "Feel my muscles!" The movie widely implies Jeffrey was raped afterward.

I'm sure there are many others.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2016, 3:35 am

i can't find any of them in isolation on youtube except for one.

anyway, in the movie "king of comedy" with robert deniro and jerry lewis and sara berhardt, there is one scene where deniro takes his beau to jerry lewises mansion and is confronted by the chinese hosuekeepers it is hilarious
another scene is where jeryy lewis has been kidnapped and is wrapped up in tape and sara berhard sings a sweet song to him and then goes off into a psychotic rant. brilliant scene.

another movie, "who's afraid of virginia wolfe" contains one scene where richard burton meets george segal for the first time and intellectually destroys him. it is hilarious.
another classic scene is the umbrella shotgun scene. i will look for it.....
oh goodness!! here it is......it is such a classic!

another mini series (4 hours duration) in australia was called "blue murder" and one particular scene was spine chilling.
it is so well acted it really captures the gravity of such an event. it is far more effective than action packed gore.
so subtle and realistic...
dangerous people would be very scary to know.
this is the scene.....

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2016, 10:21 am

Will always remain one of the most powerful scenes in cinema, everything about it is perfectly poised and measured. The damn emotion in Brando's face moves me so much, how they tiptoe around the real content before reaching it, he's truly disturbed with what has became of the son he hoped would transcend all the necessary dirt of the family business.