Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Keicko
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Aug 2010, 3:12 pm

I do the same thing it is purely unintentional more lile a reflex because it does seem to fit in with the situation I am in, It always makes me feel bad, in a way equivalent to being brutally honest.

Sometimes though I do wish every one would be completely honest all the time like in that movie invention of lying because I have a hard time picking up on things.

Dnuos
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2010, 3:22 pm

I do this a lot when I'm a bit "displeased" (lol) in a conversation. Sometimes comes automatically. Usually ticks others off.

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2010, 7:07 pm

In order to think I have to break eye contact, and the natural direction my eyeballs go is up. I try to modify it to be to the side, but I don't always catch it. It doesn't seem to be too noticeable in my case, though; I've not gotten lots of complaints for whatever reason.

Calverin
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Aug 2010, 12:05 am

I am often accused of rolling my eyes when I'm sure that I did not. It usually occurs when I'm already in trouble with an authority figure of some sort, and it is extremely frustrating. Other forms of inappropriate body language that I am accused of include: smirking, curling my lip, and chest puffing (which could be attributed to my perpetually unusual posture).

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2010, 12:11 am

I've had NT females roll their eyes at me, for being the way that I am, including my mum, and I guess that I have a rebellious way of thinking, that it's payback time. I've been working, at not doing it.

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2010, 12:44 am

devey wrote:
I sometimes roll my eyes after unexpected eye contact with someone so it seems to be like a defence mechanism. Does this happen with you or does it happen more generally?

This happened to em with a guy named Sam! Both of us rolled our eyes after an uncomfortable glance in a lone stairway.

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2010, 8:33 pm

Well if any eye rollers here live in Elmhurst, Illinois its now illegal to roll your eyes
:roll: :roll: :roll:
http://consumerist.com/2010/07/illinois ... lling.html