Are Christians the most hated group?
Yes 20%  20%  [ 6 ]
No 80%  80%  [ 24 ]
Total votes : 30

PHISHA51
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Aug 2010, 12:25 pm

I'm a Christian. Usually what I hear on the media and on websites like this is when Christians are getting a bad name for opposing gay rights, fighting against other religions, and using their belief value on others. BTW (The only thing the media shows is bad news, they show the good news not to often). Despite what the media says, you have to find a good example of Christianity out there. I have friends and family who are Christians and they are the nicest people you will ever meet. We tend to pray, encourage each other, and help each other in difficult situations. If you still don't like us, you don't have too. I'm just putting a poll on here.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2010, 12:26 pm

Do you have people actively trying to block the creation of a church on CNN or Fox News?

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

SteamPowerDev
Toucan
Toucan

19 Aug 2010, 12:29 pm

I find most religions tend towards the hateful in one category or another. Christianity just seems to be more hateful than most because it's everywhere in Western Culture. I assure you that most of the other religions out there are just as insane and hateful.

PHISHA51
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Aug 2010, 12:32 pm

skafather84 wrote:
Do you have people actively trying to block the creation of a church on CNN or Fox News?

Are you referring to the mosque in NYC?

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2010, 12:34 pm

skafather84 wrote:

There were people trying to block the creation of a creation museum a couple years ago. The whole cries of despair going up that, like Socrates, "you're trying to corrupt the youth!" and all that crap.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2010, 12:34 pm

PHISHA51 wrote:
skafather84 wrote:

Are you referring to the mosque in NYC?

That one is getting the most publicity/media opposition. There are also other mosques in states across the country that are being opposed.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

StevieC
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2010, 3:22 pm

it's the media's job to look for the WORST possible scenario, or the most negative thing - they seldom report happy stuff.
but people probly should get a bad name for opposing somebody's human rights or promoting hatred tho. i dunno...

My RSS feed:
www.steviecandtheplacetobe.net/rss.xml

Exclavius
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 12:49 pm

Not the most hated.
But definitely tied for the most hateful.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 1:59 pm

Exclavius wrote:
Not the most hated.
But definitely tied for the most hateful.

Most hateful? Really now, I'd think that the particular group of people who go around calling everyone "ignorant" or "primitive" or other pejorative terms related to how arrogant the person hurling insults actually is, namely the militant variety of Atheists, to be the most hateful, and not Christians. Of course if you tick anyone off on a bad day you're going to get responded to in anger, but it seems like some people are permanently in that condition.

Exclavius
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 2:14 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Really now, I'd think that the particular group of people who go around calling everyone "ignorant" or "primitive"

Pity is not hatred.
Teaching immature children about the world comes from love. Not hatred.
You don't tell your child that his/her imaginary friend is imaginary and NOT real, because you hate him/her.

Methods with childish adults have to be adapted from the methods used with unruly children.
It's called tough love.

Ambrose_Rotten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Aug 2010, 2:24 pm

Most hated?
I doubt it.

Scanning various internet polls/forums, etc... I have come to the conclusion that Islam is the most hated religion.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 2:35 pm

Exclavius wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Really now, I'd think that the particular group of people who go around calling everyone "ignorant" or "primitive"

Pity is not hatred.
Teaching immature children about the world comes from love. Not hatred.
You don't tell your child that his/her imaginary friend is imaginary and NOT real, because you hate him/her.

Methods with childish adults have to be adapted from the methods used with unruly children.
It's called tough love.

Yeah right, now you even view yourself as a "mature adult" in contrast. Even if atheists of your variety are not "hateful", you at the very least are presumptuous and arrogant.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 2:45 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
you at the very least are presumptuous and arrogant.

:lol:

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 2:48 pm

skafather84 wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

You got something to say, speak up. Laughing at me because I also am presumptuous and arrogant? Get over it.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 2:52 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

You got something to say, speak up. Laughing at me because I also am presumptuous and arrogant? Get over it.

I'm pretty sure presumptuous and arrogant is a human condition but to accuse another person of it without knowing them is itself just a VERY presumptuous and arrogant act....it's funny.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 2:56 pm

skafather84 wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

I'm pretty sure presumptuous and arrogant is a human condition but to accuse another person of it without knowing them is itself just a VERY presumptuous and arrogant act....it's funny.

The evidence is in the content and style of their writing. Consider how things are said, especially regarding the connotations of words and phrases utilized.