Hosting Easter egg roll at White House = Obama is Christian?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 4:24 pm

Is hosting the annual Easter egg roll at the White House for two years in a row sufficient proof that Barack Obama is a Christian president?

Or, does Barack Obama have to hold weekly Bible readings in the White House, publicly say Jesus Christ is his hero, fight two middle east Crusader wars (Iraq War - Afghanistan War) with the idea of bringing Republican Texas Methodism to the middle east, and then have USA taxpayers pay for a Presidential Library at Southern Methodist University in Texas to really prove who's a Christian president of the USA and who isn't?

Your view?

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 4:28 pm

My view is that your secretly in love with Obama

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 4:28 pm

Easter was originally a pagan fertility festival celebrating the goddess Ishtar (Ishtar-Easter). The Christians co-opted it because it was celebrated in the Spring and it could be associated with the Resurrection of Christ.

Christmas was originally the Pagan Saturnalia marking the winter solstice. Every single Christian festival was "borrowed" from the pagans except the Last Supper which was a Passover Meal.

ruveyn

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 4:49 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Easter was originally a pagan fertility festival celebrating the goddess Ishtar (Ishtar-Easter). The Christians co-opted it because it was celebrated in the Spring and it could be associated with the Resurrection of Christ.

Christmas was originally the Pagan Saturnalia marking the winter solstice. Every single Christian festival was "borrowed" from the pagans except the Last Supper which was a Passover Meal.

ruveyn

Easter, the holiday and not the name, is derived from Passover, during which Christ had his last supper and was crucified. Consider the term Pascal in relation to this holiday in non-English speaking countries such as France. If it may interest you, then: http://creation.com/easter-and-good-fri ... nd-answers

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 5:42 pm

To the OP: Next post that has any combination of the following words in it had best be attached to a prior thread or I'll delete it without giving you time to copy it over:

Obama
Christian
Muslim

Get the message?

(I've tried being subtle, I've tried being private, but it seems that doesn't work. I'm beyond annoyed, and annoyed moderators are not fun to be around)