Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

danandlouie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 11:19 pm

my own personal opinion, not that i would EVER impose my opinion..........is that i wish everyone born from this moment forward would be gay. cut down on the 'human infestation' (st-tng shelliock) of planet earth.

ah, so much for dreams.

yes, bout time. shame the usa does not function as the israeli military. if you can breathe, you serve.

the only problem that i can see is those good 'ol redneck hillbilly boys. i spent 4 years in the air force and encountered a few of those guys. bigot? me? i beg to differ. i was born poor white trash....in kentucky......know
a hillbilly when i see one.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 1:34 am

It will give "guarding the rear" a whole new meaning. :lol:

Do they get separate shower facilities?

When out on patrol, does their lieutenant get to always put them on point and flank positions?

Can a captain put all the gays in the first Humvee traveling in a convoy down a road in the Anbar province, Afghanistan?

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 2:09 am

John_Browning wrote:

When out on patrol, does their lieutenant get to always put them on point and flank positions?

Can a captain put all the gays in the first Humvee traveling in a convoy down a road in the Anbar province, Afghanistan?

during ww2/korea, they drafted gays, but they had separate units all to themselves. the powers-that-be back then wisely decided that overall manpower trumped all other concerns. my late father told me stories about how it all worked out.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 2:17 am

auntblabby wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

during ww2/korea, they drafted gays, but they had separate units all to themselves. the powers-that-be back then wisely decided that overall manpower trumped all other concerns. my late father told me stories about how it all worked out.

Just because it all worked out doesn't mean they can't be put to better use checking for snipers, landmines, and bombs.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 2:56 am

John_Browning wrote:
Just because it all worked out doesn't mean they can't be put to better use checking for snipers, landmines, and bombs.

that is just mean. :cry:

j0sh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 11:01 am

auntblabby wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

I think it goes beyond mean; it's hate speech. It's also a violation of the site rules.

John_Browning,

Do you seriously think someone is less deserving of life because they have different preferences than you?

danandlouie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 12:06 pm

hey philosophy guy, you knew to expect this, right? maybe i'm the worst of all, i pretty much dislike all humans and truly would like to see this potentially wonderful planet wiped clean of all 'people'.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 1:07 pm

j0sh wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
John_Browning wrote:

I think it goes beyond mean; it's hate speech. It's also a violation of the site rules.

John_Browning,

Do you seriously think someone is less deserving of life because they have different preferences than you?

Bullet-stopping is why they let rednecks in, not gays.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 1:52 pm

danandlouie wrote:
hey philosophy guy, you knew to expect this, right? maybe i'm the worst of all, i pretty much dislike all humans and truly would like to see this potentially wonderful planet wiped clean of all 'people'.

You are talking to me, right? Assuming you are, I knew that DADT would be overturned eventually, I just wasn't expecting it so soon.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 4:06 pm

danandlouie wrote:

thats hate speech.

you should go to jail for that comment!

danandlouie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 10:31 pm

to descartes....actually i meant you knew to expect the homophobes to come out. i should have stayed out of this.

to oscuria....perhaps you have friends...maybe you could get one of them to explain 'sarcasm' to you. i assume you live in north korea. that could explain your attitude.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 10:33 pm

danandlouie wrote:
to descartes....actually i meant you knew to expect the homophobes to come out. i should have stayed out of this.

There are a lot of homophobes on Yahoo News. It's scary. 8O

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 11:03 pm

oscuria wrote:
danandlouie wrote:

thats hate speech.

you should go to jail for that comment!

What crime is alleged to have been committed? No law says someone cannot "pretty much dislike all humans", and plenty of people believe human beings are destroying this "potentially wonderful planet".

For the record: I have no such feelings of my own.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 11:19 pm

danandlouie wrote:
to oscuria....perhaps you have friends...maybe you could get one of them to explain 'sarcasm' to you. i assume you live in north korea. that could explain your attitude.

i find your suggestion laughable...in fact im laughing right now.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 11:24 pm

Also, for the record, I'm pretty sure that oscuria was being sarcastic with his "hate speech" remark.