So how do I get a boyfriend?

Page 22 of 24 [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 5:34 pm

I think the main reason of the high divorce rate in the western countries, which many wouldn't admit that, is that women have regained their natural choice in choosing the mate and for how long they would stay with him.

Women's liberation is probably the reason#1

Females are wired to constantly seek for better males ....and are also wired to not stay with a loser and.

Most divorces are Initiated by women in those countries.

This doesn't mean that "love" and "marriages" were happier and pinkier in the old days, they weren't at all ...but many women were obliged to stay prisoners in abusive marriages because of social pressures and stigmas back then.

So the increase of divorce rate isn't always bad.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 5:37 pm

That's a load of crap, Boo. Women are generally the ones that want to settle down, while men are hard wired to spread their seed where they can.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 5:45 pm

Erisad wrote:
Lol, but I like Pennsylvania. I would move to a different city in PA because I like the people there better than back home. Obviously, it isn't exotic enough since it's a college town and most of the students are from another part of PA or NJ. :D

Hey i'm from NJ, you're saying i'm not exotic enough huh?

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 5:54 pm

nick007 wrote:
As I said before; I think Aspies would stand a much better chance if we had arranged marriages. That goes on in some other countries. If I could easily move to another country; I would go to one that has em. The only way I could ever get a woman is if she was pressured into it. American women will never give me a chance unless they are on something :cry:

You know, nick, my father was as screwed up as any of the male Aspies here and he was all happy when some pastor found him a wife. Unfortunately for him, having a semi-normal wife only added 101 more problems he wasn't able to handle and he quickly lost my mother's respect. She didn't divorce him because she's Catholic and because she's too proud to officially have a failed marriage, but she's barely talked to him in the last twenty years. And you know who else barely talk to him? All of his kids, who find it equally hard to give the respect he expects as a father.

Nowadays he just sits there watching out the window waiting for the death that never comes. I'll bet if he could have a do-over, he'd rather stay single and be considered the weird single man no woman wants to marry than to jump into marriage with the first woman who was pressured into meeting him.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 5:58 pm

menintights wrote:
Nowadays he just sits there watching out the window waiting for the death that never comes.

That's what I feel like now... and I don't even have the failed marriage to blame for it. Some men are just defective. It doesn't have anything to do with AS/NT lines, but I am unfortunately one of those men that just can't make it in life...

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 6:14 pm

menintights wrote:
nick007 wrote:
As I said before; I think Aspies would stand a much better chance if we had arranged marriages. That goes on in some other countries. If I could easily move to another country; I would go to one that has em. The only way I could ever get a woman is if she was pressured into it. American women will never give me a chance unless they are on something :cry:

You know, nick, my father was as screwed up as any of the male Aspies here and he was all happy when some pastor found him a wife. Unfortunately for him, having a semi-normal wife only added 101 more problems he wasn't able to handle and he quickly lost my mother's respect. She didn't divorce him because she's Catholic and because she's too proud to officially have a failed marriage, but she's barely talked to him in the last twenty years. And you know who else barely talk to him? All of his kids, who find it equally hard to give the respect he expects as a father.

Nowadays he just sits there watching out the window waiting for the death that never comes. I'll bet if he could have a do-over, he'd rather stay single and be considered the weird single man no woman wants to marry than to jump into marriage with the first woman who was pressured into meeting him.

We really can't compare your father to any of the men here. Circumstances and personalities are different.

However, I agree in a way with what you're saying. It's no picnic to have someone pressured into being with you. It's not a life most people really want, even if they think they do. I'm pretty sure nick and Toad want a woman that wants to be with them more than anything. We all want that.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Oct 2010, 7:33 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
menintights wrote:
Nowadays he just sits there watching out the window waiting for the death that never comes.

That's what I feel like now... and I don't even have the failed marriage to blame for it. Some men are just defective. It doesn't have anything to do with AS/NT lines, but I am unfortunately one of those men that just can't make it in life...

Same here Toad.

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
menintights wrote:
nick007 wrote:

We really can't compare your father to any of the men here. Circumstances and personalities are different.

However, I agree in a way with what you're saying. It's no picnic to have someone pressured into being with you. It's not a life most people really want, even if they think they do. I'm pretty sure nick and Toad want a woman that wants to be with them more than anything. We all want that.

I think it's possible that after a woman's with me a while; she would be glad she's with me Women write me off as a worthless loser without ever taking the chance to get to see what's inside my heart. If women saw my soul instead of seeing all the superficial cr@p; I would be very desirable. Despite what others say; the reality is that it's what's on the outside that matters & what's in the heart is completely worthless

Last edited by nick007 on 04 Oct 2010, 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 7:39 pm

I'm sorry you've been subjected to superficial women, nick. The truth is, you're probably doing exactly what you're saying the women do... looking to the wrong women and ignoring the good ones.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 7:43 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
I'm sorry you've been subjected to superficial women, nick. The truth is, you're probably doing exactly what you're saying the women do... looking to the wrong women and ignoring the good ones.

I like most any woman who's nice to me but they never like me. Only way I could find a woman here is if I start dealing coke or go to a mental institution; if I could get in without paying I would go

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 7:47 pm

Then perhaps you should seriously consider moving. If not out of state, at least to another city/town. Either you're not seeing the big picture where you are, or you live in a very bad area.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 7:52 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
Then perhaps you should seriously consider moving. If not out of state, at least to another city/town. Either you're not seeing the big picture where you are, or you live in a very bad area.

If I had the money, resources & Independence skills I would move to another country like maybe Iraq or China or better yet another planet; a Vulcan woman would be great

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 8:00 pm

nick007 wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:

If I had the money, resources & Independence skills I would move to another country like maybe Iraq or China or better yet another planet; a Vulcan woman would be great

:lol:
Agreed.

Baratos
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Oct 2010, 8:14 pm

My girlfriend actually asked to be friends with me originally here on Wrong Planet, and it grew from there. I suggest messaging random men until one responds.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 8:16 pm

nick007 wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:

Ok. We want to help but you don't give us enough information. You won't tell us where you meet these women so how can we give you advice?

They could be bogan girl who like useless deadbeats with fast cars, they could be library girls who like quiet guys, we know nothing about the women you're trying to attract.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 8:19 pm

Exactly, hale_bopp.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 8:24 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
nick007 wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:

Ok. We want to help but you don't give us enough information. You won't tell us where you meet these women so how can we give you advice?

They could be bogan girl who like useless deadbeats with fast cars, they could be library girls who like quiet guys, we know nothing about the women you're trying to attract.

I've met women from lots of places, work when I was working, other friends, some of my cousins friends, internet, some of my neighbors relatives ect. It doesn't matter where I meet anyone because it's the same f#ckin story. They are never interested in me & instead use me for support when they are having problems but are never there for me & then get mad when I'm not there for them. I think I'm better off alone than dealing with getting used, lied to & the freaking mind-games. They all use me like I am nothing more to em than their tampon for emotional support