Are people who say Gold has intrinisic value morons?

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

rjgarn
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Sep 2010, 11:03 pm

JohnisBlind wrote:
Stuff Neurotypicals like to say.

Short answer: yes.

I really don't feel like typing out the long answer, if you want it, just search for "goldline" on the HuffPost or the NY Times websites.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2010, 11:42 pm

gold has biochemical/health issues b/c of its lack of reactivity. It is used to mount tissue specimens for electron microscopy, for example, and it is also the only jewelry that some people can wear.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 5:59 am

Gold has become a fetish.

ruveyn

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 10:20 am

ruveyn wrote:
Gold has become a fetish.

ruveyn

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 11:04 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Well, if it's true that morons say gold has intrinsic value, that would explain Glenn Beck promoting gold on his show. :lol: :roll:

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

To be fair, that's a plug that the merchants pay for.

I'm amazed how much lame government agency ads are on talk radio considering the conservative nature of the talk hosts.

takemitsu
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 1:19 pm

I think I'm about to buy a couple ounces

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 4:56 pm

takemitsu wrote:
I think I'm about to buy a couple ounces

Tell me how that goes for you. I'm thinking of ordering that "gold guide" I keep hearing about on AM radio.

takemitsu
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 11:53 pm

Could we flood the market with gold? To cut off the value of gold, and offset the decline of the dollar? Not too long ago, there was a story about huge amounts of precious metals in Afghanistan, I told someone about this and they said that supposedly, there are untapped precious in KY, and it got us to thinking how much potential bullion there is still left. It's obvious that there are more diamonds than what is in the market, maybe the same for gold?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2010, 3:19 am

takemitsu wrote:
Could we flood the market with gold? To cut off the value of gold, and offset the decline of the dollar? Not too long ago, there was a story about huge amounts of precious metals in Afghanistan, I told someone about this and they said that supposedly, there are untapped precious in KY, and it got us to thinking how much potential bullion there is still left. It's obvious that there are more diamonds than what is in the market, maybe the same for gold?

Gold is scarce, which is part of its charm.

ruveyn

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2010, 4:29 am

Fuzzy wrote:
Better: does gold have intrinsic value to cold and hungry people?

I reckon the only things with intrinsic value in our lives is: Food, water, oxygen, and each other.

Anything over that is simply illusion. Now that we have satisfied our needs for food and water we create the illusion of value in other things.

TV adverts do nothing but delude us into thinking that the products they are selling have greater value than they really do. Humanity is good at duping ourselves.

The value of gold is transient. If food and water became scarce gold would have no value at all.