Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

jamieboy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 12:38 am

Never really got into the X-files.

Have you seen many of Lynch's films? I recommend Mullholland Drive as a good starting point, if not.

jamieboy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 12:39 am

double post

Last edited by jamieboy on 03 Oct 2010, 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 1:26 am

jamieboy wrote:
Never really got into the X-files.

Have you seen many of Lynch's films? I recommend Mullholland Drive as a good starting point, if not.

The first hour of Mulholland Drive was meant to be the pilot for a TV series that never got picked up. So Lynch extended it into a feature length film..., with added adult content :oops: .

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Bleu
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Oct 2010, 6:00 am

I absolutely love Twin Peaks. Favourite TV show in the world. I love its mood, and the effect it has on me, so dreamy :heart:

ReallyGoodName
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Oct 2010, 4:22 am

I've just recently started. it. I got season 2 coming from Netflix. I can't wait, I love it!

Astridfrog
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Dec 2010, 1:34 pm

Mullholland Drive is wonderful but very confusing. I finally understood what was going one after the 3rd time I watched it. There is so much meaning and the complex twist of the storyline really makes you think.

Lynch is a favorite of mine and I recommend seeing "My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done" he is not the main director so it is a little easier to grasp. I think it was released in 2009.

Lynch represents to me a different approach to film making, as did Alfred Hitchcock. I just think people don't understand his work enough.

silver22
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Dec 2010, 4:52 am

Twin peaks is currently running on cable in Australia and I was thinking about this as I'm about half way through the second season. I loved the first season though I'm now starting to lose interest fast.

I've seen most of Lynch's films and recommend for those who haven't seen his work to start with 'The Elephant Man'. It's a brilliant film but not as disturbing as many of his other films. But if you love bizarre film then some of his other classics like Blue Velvet, The Lost Highway or Mullholland Drive are the go.

As for Eraserhead, trying to explain the plot of that film is an exercise in futility :D

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2010, 9:32 am

How's Annie?

Postures
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2011, 8:19 pm

Currently on the second season now. I love this show 8)

proxybear
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 May 2011, 10:14 pm

LAURA!! !

I found the first season to be quite excellent, though my view of the series started to shift a bit into season 2.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2011, 10:48 pm

proxybear wrote:
LAURA!! !

I found the first season to be quite excellent, though my view of the series started to shift a bit into season 2.

The network had forced Lynch into revealing Laura Palmer's killer, while Lynch himself had wanted to have her murder sort of fade in and out of the storyline, never really to be solved, as other bizarre things went on in town. Maybe the series should have ended with Cooper solving the murder, but Lynch thought he could salvage the story, after philistines had savaged it.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

ShutUpMeg
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 May 2011, 11:26 pm

I love Twin Peaks. Best pilot ever! I thought the first season was solid but once Laura's killer was revealed the show kind of went downhill. By the S2 finale things would have gotten really good again had there been a season 3, but w/e...

It would have been an interesting twist if Agent Cooper were Laura's killer and the reason he came to Twin Peaks was to cover his tracks.

Lynch's attention was averted to other projects, which is part of why S2 lost it's "charm"

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 10:50 am

The second season is pretty bad until it gets more involved with Wyndom Earl as the villain. He's a really good and interesting bad guy.

KingLes98
Raven
Raven

20 May 2011, 7:26 pm

I absolutely LOVE Twin Peaks, especially near the end with the Black Lodge. David Lynch has an excellent imagination when it comes to horror. The drama is very soap opera-ish but I think that adds a campy charm to it.

KingLes98
Raven
Raven

20 May 2011, 7:28 pm

I absolutely LOVE Twin Peaks, especially near the end with the Black Lodge. David Lynch has an excellent imagination when it comes to horror. The drama is very soap opera-ish but I think that adds a campy charm to it.

Postures
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2011, 8:14 pm

I love Agent Cooper. Almost at the end of the show now, the Miss Twin Peaks contest. I don't want it to end :(