Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Mojave
Raven
Raven

04 Oct 2010, 10:42 pm

Today has been a pretty bad day. I was happy this morning but as day turned to night I found myself extremely agitated and getting pissed off for no real reason. A girl whom I'm friends with sat down beside me in class and I didn't really want to have anything to do with her because I was in a mood. I was so cranky that now I have a blistering migraine. This happens often where I'll go from being happy to pissed off for now apparent reason.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 11:02 pm

If you seriously believe you may have cyclothymia you should talk to a doctor b/c you can't exactly get a diagnosis/treatment via the internet.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 3:12 pm

Medically speaking, cyclothymia needs to be differentially diagnosed from bipolar disorder and borderline personality disorder.

Until you can develop a profile of your hypomanic and dysthymic episodes, it would be very difficult to support a diagnosis.

That being said, if your mood disorder is causing difficulty for you, then you have every reason to speak to a physician about it, and to see out a diagnosis, and determine an appropriate therapeutic response.