Eating the same food for a long timeperiod...

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Shone
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Oct 2010, 12:01 am

I go through phases where i eat the same food for a month or two-- i mean i eat other food on top of that, but its like i have to have that particular food at least once a day. In the past i've obsessed over chick-fil-a sandwiches, panera's broccoli and cheese soup, smoothies, plain bread, spaghetti and tomato sauce, egg-scrambles, banana bread, turkey, yogurt, string-cheese, orange juice... in my childhood it was much the same-- but with crappier foods like ramen noodles, hot-pockets and chef boyardee stuff... just over and over and over... i'm not unhealthy, though, actually quite the opposite because i exercise just as obsessively and drink smoothies and stuff. anyone else?

WhiteRaven_214
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Oct 2010, 3:24 am

I've gone through a period where I consumed nothing but 'Dare' Iced Coffee for breakfast and Lunch - and sometimes as a substitute for dinner, if I wasn't too hungry.

My dietary habits remained the same for three years, until I started taking Luvox. For a while afterward, I couldn't even smell iced coffee and not feel sick. I'm better now, but I can't consume the amount of milk drink I used to - back then it was like water.

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 5:06 am

Watermellon. I've been eating tons of it all summer. I have to be careful or I end up eating so much of it that I feel ill and/or like I'm going to burst.

But in a general sense I do have a tendency to get obsessed with one food for a while (months), until I get sick of it.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

16 Oct 2010, 11:59 am

I eat the same breakfast 365 days/year (366 if a leapyear). 1/2 cup plain oat meal, 1/2 cup Egg Beaters (liquid egg whites in a carton), and 1/4 cup of raw apple sauce. It's good for me, easy to get ready, and I've been on that exact meal for at least 5 years, if not longer. Lunch is also chosen from a very small variety, and dinner is usually my smallest meal unless we go out somewhere. I also eat at least 3-4 high-protein snacks per day, since I'm a bodybuilder. If I'm off my workouts for any reason, I don't do the snacks.

Charles

gassy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Oct 2010, 5:52 pm

Shone wrote:
I go through phases where i eat the same food for a month or two-- i mean i eat other food on top of that, but its like i have to have that particular food at least once a day. In the past i've obsessed over chick-fil-a sandwiches, panera's broccoli and cheese soup, smoothies, plain bread, spaghetti and tomato sauce, egg-scrambles, banana bread, turkey, yogurt, string-cheese, orange juice... in my childhood it was much the same-- but with crappier foods like ramen noodles, hot-pockets and chef boyardee stuff... just over and over and over... i'm not unhealthy, though, actually quite the opposite because i exercise just as obsessively and drink smoothies and stuff. anyone else?

I personally dont care what i eat, as long as it has some taste, is relatively quick, and is fairly healthy.

I eat pasta dishes around 4-5 times per week (usually very similar types), however id be very happy to have it everyday.

My housemates cant understand how i could eat it so much

jeffbee
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Oct 2010, 11:12 am

I shop compulsively and bring home Chef-Boy-Ar-Dee Ravioli or Beef-A-Roni by the ton. I must have a 60-day supply at least. And canned peas. Besides that, granola bars. That's pretty much all I eat.

At a restaurant, I have my one menu item I will order at each restaurant. Same thing every time.

Bubbles137
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 3:33 pm

I have porridge for two meals a day, sometimes three if I'm tired/upset/late etc. I try to have a 'real' meal at least every second day though, even if it's just so people in my flat at uni don't think I'm strange!