Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2010, 1:46 pm

taboo27 wrote:
Our son is diagnosed with PDD-NOS. He is 3years 2 months. He has a very close relationship with me (his mom) but he really doesn't have much to do with his Dad? He will play wit him occasionaly but doesnt kiss, or hug him, really wont even bother to say good night to him even if prompted. He wont even let him sit next to him?! Does anyone else have this experience? If so how do you handle it? I know it just breaks my husbands heart.

I bet his father works most of the day, correct? Children generally form closer bonds with their mother's because of this. When I was about that age, I'd get exceedingly upset if my father tried to do something my mother usually did because it was a deviation from "normal", which I found very stressful.

If your husband can manage it, he should try to take a week off and take your son alone on a trip somewhere. If this isn't possible, he should involve himself in more activities with him, like making breakfast, tucking him into bed, and small things like that. Your son will likely have a massive issue with this at first, but he'll get over it.