Does it get easier or harder in college to find a GF?

Page 1 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

PHISHA51
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Nov 2010, 9:11 pm

I'm almost there. As soon as I graduate in my senior year, I will able to decide which college I should go to. First, I should get settled with the choices I make in college. Then I'll try to look at what's out there and if there is "someone out there". From a previous post here, they say in college, everyone is busy with school work, jobs, etc, but their are activities you can do in college that might help you find a person with the same interest as you. People are also more mature during or after college, so it could be another factor in this situation. Surprisingly, My parents meet each other in college and there choice got me here, so I ask this question: Can the chances of getting a GF increase as you get older especially if your an Aspie, or is it still hard?

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 9:50 pm

I heard so, common interest in the specific proffession makes it easier to bond. Age helps to, hormones settle round 20s. Ofcourse the chances are greater for female aspies :wink:.

SadAspy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 10:47 pm

I don't really notice a difference. Women don't want me when I'm in or out of college.

caek
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Nov 2010, 2:31 am

Harder if you want to find a girl with a scientific inclination, reduced enrolment by females in science based subjects leads to a greater ratio of males to females.

On the other hand, if you want a girl with an artistic or language-based inclination then I suppose it should be easier.

(On the same note, I wonder if the greater female/male ratio could be part of the reason that stereotypes say art students are easy.)

billybud21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 2:43 am

Easier to find a girl in college. Depending on the school, there are not clicks like in high school, plus people in general are more apt to experiment in college. Plus, college women are not as full of themselves, more down to earth and much better looking.

Adam82
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 2:54 am

Well, I can't say I've had any luck with women at all pre-, during, or post- college, so I don't think it had any effect at all for me! :x :cry:

Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 4:52 am

I think its easier. I encountered less muppets at uni

Was not spoken of the soul.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 5:08 am

Someone in my college likes me, I dunno why but she does! Amazing, ain't it? That never happened in secondary school :P

People tend to become more mature and more accepting as they get older, so they're more likely to take an interest in you :)

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 6:32 am

I never managed to date in college, but I was a real mess. I'd probably do better now. Good luck.

billybud21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 7:55 am

Even lowly me had women chasing me as an undergrad. I am not an animal, I am a human being.

Now that I am a graduate student, teaching while I am dissertating, the only interest women show is if they want something from. Of course, it would be unethical to have a relationship with one of your students, so I just obsess about it constantly. I find that is much healthier. 8O

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 9:55 am

Just don't go to any school that has "technology" or "engineering" in the name, and you'll be fine. My college years (which I am just wrapping up) have been fairly sparse, as my school is 80% male...

On the other hand, ladies this is the best way to find a nice guy who in a few years will be raking in the dough like crazy.

SadAspy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 9:51 pm

I thought it might be easier to get a girlfriend in grad school than undergrad and indeed girls were more polite to me at the former than the latter, but they still wouldn't date me :(

GodluckGoodspeed
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Nov 2010, 12:08 am

Harder.

Sure it may be easier to lose your v-card and get laid but as far as getting into a serious relationship this is probably the hardest period of your life to do so. It is hard for NTs let alone anyone on the spectrum. I would not aim for anything serious, if it comes along then hang on to it but I would wait until you have graduated to work on serious relationships. In the mean time go to parties have a couple of drinks, don't get past buzzed though and let the alcohol do the talking.

Then it should be at least from what I have been told a lot easier, especially for us "nice guys" to get into a relationship after graduation.

My main advice is to not to wait for college, start NOW. Start asking girls to HS dances, anything. You really are not going to get the chance when you are in college and if you do you are one of like 5 guys who are going on dates with this chick, no joke.

Eldanesh
Toucan
Toucan

12 Nov 2010, 3:19 pm

Yeah, easy to hook up and easy to have a relationship are probably different questions.

I think it is true that it is easier, people are more free from their parents so they have more time to spend, lots of interests to share etc, etc. There's also the whole "clean slate thing".

However, EASIER doesn't mean EASY at all. I hope we are clear 8)

PS: Going to a university with a high female to male ratio helps. That may not speak any for "quality: though hahaha

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2010, 12:14 pm

It might be at least as easy if you're one of those Aspies who comes across as relatively NT-like, or who wasn't bullied a great deal, or had at least some girlfriends in high school. I'm not quite sure because that wasn't my experience at high school or university.

If you're one of those Aspies who got bullied a lot, or stands out more as seeming less NT-like, I definitely think it gets harder in college, or especially. You're going to have girls there who are, obviously, on the whole more educated and from high-status backgrounds. More high status on the whole, a high status they will jealously guard, so they'll come down harder, perhaps even come down harshly, on someone they rightly or wrongly perceive as lower status. And where you have someone who's vulnerable to bullying etc., that's something they'll perceive as low status.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2010, 12:17 pm

Yes, they say so at least.

A colleague of mine once told me that college (university) might be the only chance for many to get a partner , it might become extremely hard later.

He was right.