If I'm thinking of the same guy on/off the past 4 years...

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2010, 9:41 pm

Does it mean I have feelings for him or am I really that desperate for social interaction again?

For those who dont know, I've been living in complete isolation for the past 4 years either by myself or with my parents. My only friend post college comes in on occasion and we hang out (it's like social therapy for us since we're aspies).

However that's not the guy in question here...

The guy in question is an old college friend of mine and one of the few who didnt give me the same hell that all my other friends did. He was one of the few friends I had left from college after alot of heck went down. We graduated around the same time and he and another friend moved to Austin, TX. I went down to visit once in 2008 and again in 2009.

The first time I began to have possible feelings for him was during our final semester but I thought it wouldnt be wise to pursue it (as assertive as I was back then) for two reasons: 1st obviously was it was our final semester in college and we would be taking separate routes. 2nd was that I was going to FL for a few months for the Walt Disney World College Program and I didnt want to give him a repeat of what happened with him and his past girlfriend (who moved to FL and then broke up with him).

I dont think about him all the time but I have been on occasion for the past four years. I thought it would eventually phase out like a couple of years ago. We still keep in contact occasionally via text messages or AIM. He's one of the few who still talks to me.

I think I probably just miss hanging around the guy. I'm too concerned that if it is feelings I'm having and I see him again and I'm not attracted to him (or if he is not attractive) it would create problems. Plus I cant see myself getting into a sexual relationship with him. Lastly his facebook tends to give off the vibe that he's desperate for a gf. I dont want to be put in a decision where he ends up liking me just for the sake of not having a gf. That would suck.

Sorry if this is long but you get the idea. I tend to think I have a crush or feelings for someone only to realize I just miss social interaction with these guys from college.