Page 1143 of 2524 [ 40384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1140, 1141, 1142, 1143, 1144, 1145, 1146 ... 2524  Next

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 4:00 pm

I finally cleaned up my computer room today. I wasn't satisfied with just sweeping and mopping the floor, so I washed it maybe three times. I also found a bunch of missing pens, pencils, a comb, and the little brush to a mini-dustpan I bought for sweeping dirt up off my desk. And I still need to move a lot my things back into the room. Ugh. :(

I still haven't tidied the bookshelf in the room, though. Mostly I have to organize all my books and stuff. And I should clean all the windows by the end of the week before I put up my Halloween decorations. :)

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 5:07 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
^ give it to me and i'll turn it into something. :mrgreen:

my blood type is B positive, so why am i so sad all the time??

mine is, too.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 5:30 pm

I have no idea what my blood type is.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 5:34 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
I have no idea what my blood type is.

i learned mine via a lab exercise in high school biology.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 5:34 pm

Mine's probably on my health card.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 11:57 pm

I was looking at a list of common misconceptions on Wikipedia, and something I posted not that I thought was true (the phrase "rule of thumb" supposedly comes from a law where a man was not allowed to beat his wife with a stick wider than his thumb) turned out to be one. Now I feel stupid. :doh:

That will teach me not to always believe the "facts" printed in those little newspapers they have at the restaurants my mom and I go to.

Especially since since they had ones I've known for years not to be true, like "toads will give you warts", or even "George Washington had wooden teeth" (they were made from things like ivory and even teeth pulled from the mouths of his slaves). But in a few years the things not considered misconceptions now probably will be.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 12:36 am

I'm so sad that my ice cream bars melted. :( I guess my freezer doesn't really handle cold things.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 2:38 am

I wonder if i will find a job i can do well or will i be unemployed forever..

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 2:55 am

f**k family, f**k the thickness of blood compared to water.

i wait for the day my parents finally tire of her nonsense and kick her out of the house so i can finally sleep on something more than 30 inches wide.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 4:47 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
Raleigh

If you do not want to eat rice, then do not eat rice

But restaurant rice

Fried rice

Is not bland at all

Plenty of fat, msg, salt, flavor

Love fried rice

:mrgreen:

Love chow fun

Love lo mein

:heart:

Ugh.
It's not that it's always bland.
Hate the texture.

People tend to interpret gluten free as "give them fucktonnes of rice".

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 5:39 am

Krabo wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:

I think a lot depends on the intent of both parties, and the level of understanding and agreement. Where we can measure this kind of thing, result indicate it's possible for people to help each other, but it can also hurt the intended recipient. I guess I've been on both sides with both results, and can easily think of an example of each of the four cases.

(a) I want to improve my skills, and someone teaches me how.

(b) Someone has a wish for me which I don't share, and tries to help by bending me to their will.

(c) I surmise correctly how to solve a problem someone else has, and they apply the solution to good effect.

(d) I try to explain to bigots how their views make no sense and harm people.

One can find examples of each on a larger scale in the context of international aid. Many humanitarian agencies have covered up their mistakes in the past, and some continue to do so, but I have noticed a trend toward greater disclosure. The scientific method works, so I have hope.

Which one of the four cases (a) to (d) is materializing right here, in front of our eyes? Is it (a), you teaching me that helping is possible? Is it (b), you hammering into my head the idea that helping is possible? It certainly isn't (c) beacuse I wouldn't be applying anything. I'm forced to admit that it could be (d) because I'm not omniscient no matter how much I wish I was.

I'd say my reply just contains what was on my mind at the time. I don't consider the question settled, but I find the research about altruism interesting.

Right now, it's that my housemate told me she bought me a beer to thank me for letting her use my car. She didn't tell me it was a big beer! I had a very pleasant surprise when I got home from work.

Mines the kind that comes in various shades of red.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 7:41 am

Yesterday on the bus an old woman had the nerve to tell me, "pull up your pants"

:D

Some precious lil "people" are so full of themselves that they truly believe that they have a moral right to get whatever they want immediately

Maybe she should not have been making remarks about strangers :mrgreen: appearances

Some strangers could respond in ways that she was not prepared for

:lol: could it be possible that appearances are superficial :?:

:idea:

Besides there is no such thing as a perfect appearance

And if there were, the appearance would just be perfect at that second

:lol:

:arrow:

She did not have a perfect appearance

And I did not have the nerve to tell her that

So why should I change my appearance to satisfy a stranger on the bus

:jester:

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 7:47 am

Raleigh wrote:
People tend to interpret gluten free as "give them fucktonnes of rice".

Nice sneaky slide by the censors there. :twisted:
You'd probably still hate the texture (can sympathize, I have textural food aversions too - porridge, gah) but the other day I had Tom Yum fried rice with vegetables and it was amazing.
Anyway.
My brain is being sucked down an obsessive plughole, never to reorient again at this rate. I'm even finding discussing / arguing with someone fundamentally opposed to my own beliefs (which can be rewarding, granted) preferable over being forced to have these obsessive thoughts over, and over, and over, and over and OVER ...

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 8:15 am

As usual I feel guilty and ashamed that I am useless and not gainfully employed

Ain't got no job

:D

However plenty of autistics and transgenders do not have jobs

Or work at jobs below their education

Or work only part time

:mrgreen:

And plenty of jobs pay more than they are worth

And plenty of precious lil "people" with jobs, like counselors, have :lol: confidence not proportional to competence :heart:

8)

My breasts are too big

Wearing a compression test feels uncomfortable

Bras feel tight

Larger bras do not compress

But whatever

Plenty of cisgender females hate parts of their body

Plenty of men have man 8O boobs

Some people have bigger beasts than me and then get enhancement surgery

Some people have smaller breasts than me and get breast reduction

:o

It is also correct many people have diseases much worse than 36c cup breasts

So I feel guilty and ashamed

:P

Plenty of people drop dead before they turn 34

Plenty of children have not enough to eat

Children homeless

Some defendants get wrongfully convicted and sentenced to jail

Some people got raped and murdered

So I feel guilty and ashamed for complaining

:cry:

:wink:

As usual I feel like a spoiled brat

And I feel morally inferior

:!:

:skull:

:jester:

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 9:22 am

^ I really don't think you have any reason to feel ashamed of complaining about dysphoria. It can kill you. Can't you get any help for this situation???
So thee are people worse off than you. So what. Doesn't mean your problems are nothing - especially that one, in my experience.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 9:46 am

^^I agree with C2V - just because other people have it worse than you doesn't mean you can't be struggling too. Sometimes it helps to remember things to be grateful for instead of just focusing on the negative things, but other people having bigger problems doesn't make yours any less. C2V is also right that that is a serious problem. There's no reason to feel ashamed or like you're just complaining. I completely understand your feelings about not having a job, too - I'm in the same position, and it can really get you down. Big dragon hugs :heart:

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"