Page 1014 of 2525 [ 40397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1011, 1012, 1013, 1014, 1015, 1016, 1017 ... 2525  Next

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 10:48 am

I have an interview for something important tomorrow, and feel very squiggly with nerves and all over the place. My parents seem highly positive about the whole outcome as it were, but I have utterly no conviction in any positive outcome, ever. Somewhere along the line I feel like I purposefully mutilated my expectations of events to only extend from the 'bad to the worst' and nothing more, because expecting more feels dangerous.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

21 May 2017, 1:04 pm

Man, it's going to be warm this week....

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 1:30 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
awkward facepalm wrote:
i wonder why people leave this site!

i came across some old threads 2007 2006 2010, almost none of the members comes here anymore. by looking at the number of their posts, one can tell they were addicted back in the day,

sometimes they die.

sometimes people only visit once every few days don't post a hole lot and they can last for years, or not at all.

other times people join, immediately dive head first into the forum and eventually get burnt out, with nothing left to say. so they leave, or take long breaks. i think that happened to me last year. user turnover happens after some time, and threads eventually start to repeat. original content can be lacking, thus it's a welcome sight.

the culture on this site is distressingly negative. i can hardly blame other people for leaving once they have had enough of the misery, NT blame and general....awkwardness?
not that i have anything to compare it to, this is the only forum i have ever really been a member of.

some of us are fine, though, and we can even find great friends. :heart:

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
^There's no need to feel embarrassed, either. Let's see, what's an embarrassing thing from my childhood...? Oh, for the few dolls I had, I always took their clothes off for no reason.

one can still catch me doing that :oops:

i have a "thing" for dolls, mannequins, figurines.

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
Best wishes to Kip and Kip's grandma. :heart:

thanks :heart: she was very close to having a stroke, she is home and better now.

QuirkyCookie wrote:
I would like to know how to delete my account on here?

https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=204272

I agree with pretty much all of this.

Glad your grandma's better now. :)

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 1:33 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
awkward facepalm wrote:
i wonder why people leave this site!

i came across some old threads 2007 2006 2010, almost none of the members comes here anymore. by looking at the number of their posts, one can tell they were addicted back in the day,

sometimes they die.

sometimes people only visit once every few days don't post a hole lot and they can last for years, or not at all.

other times people join, immediately dive head first into the forum and eventually get burnt out, with nothing left to say. so they leave, or take long breaks. i think that happened to me last year. user turnover happens after some time, and threads eventually start to repeat. original content can be lacking, thus it's a welcome sight.

the culture on this site is distressingly negative. i can hardly blame other people for leaving once they have had enough of the misery, NT blame and general....awkwardness?
not that i have anything to compare it to, this is the only forum i have ever really been a member of.

some of us are fine, though, and we can even find great friends. :heart:

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
^There's no need to feel embarrassed, either. Let's see, what's an embarrassing thing from my childhood...? Oh, for the few dolls I had, I always took their clothes off for no reason.

one can still catch me doing that :oops:

i have a "thing" for dolls, mannequins, figurines.

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
Best wishes to Kip and Kip's grandma. :heart:

thanks :heart: she was very close to having a stroke, she is home and better now.

QuirkyCookie wrote:
I would like to know how to delete my account on here?

https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=204272

I don't enjoy this site near as much as I used to. It's actually a chore to come back for the RP, along with Lilli saying they "were pissed at me." Nobody that wasn't related to me was mad enough to say that.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 1:44 pm

Midnightstar16 wrote:
I don't enjoy this site near as much as I used to. It's actually a chore to come back for the RP, along with Lilli saying they "were pissed at me." Nobody that wasn't related to me was mad enough to say that.

I said that?? 8O Ignore me, I must've been grumpy and really tired and hungry that morning.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 1:47 pm

Lillikoi wrote:
I'm pissed at midnightstar. :x

It's a few pages back, but. :?
I'm so sorry. :(

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 2:38 pm

Quote:
all problems come from other people.

Actually it's the other way round. All problems are created by one's mind, since the mind is effective at that kind of thing.

^^Hugs for both of you! :heart: :heart: Also, there's no need for you to apologize, Midnightstar. You've done nothing wrong.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

JLD
Toucan
Toucan

21 May 2017, 2:43 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
Quote:
all problems come from other people.

No man no problem anyway.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 2:46 pm

The only thing worse than making phone calls is playing "phone-tag" with what you hope to be a future employer. I was supposed to have an interview tomorrow, but they pushed it back to Wednesday or Thursday. I just know I'm going to be incredibly anxious until then. Hopefully it will all be worth it in the end.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 2:47 pm

^^ :huh: What about women? :scratch:

TheSilentOne: I've played 'phone tag' before, so I kind of know how that might feel. Hugs for you, too. Have you seen the new Season 10 episodes?

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 2:49 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
^^ :huh: What about women? :scratch:

TheSilentOne: I've played 'phone tag' before, so I kind of know how that might feel. Hugs for you, too. Have you seen the new Season 10 episodes?

Thanks :heart: I've seen the first three, but I'm a little behind. I need to catch up before this Saturday! :lol:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 2:50 pm

I haven't watched any of them. :P I might wait until the season is done and then watch them one after the other. I'm not sure how I'm going to avoid being spoilered about the new doctor...avoid the internet for six months? :lol:

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 2:52 pm

^
Are you okay? I just noticed you haven't been very active in the story we've been doing. :o

Is something wrong?

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 11:16 pm

because i have never seen something like this in real life, if this girl in the interview was my girlfriend, i'd never stop playing with her yellow hair.... yess just for the sake of curiosity more than anything else.

same thing applies to all red hair shades. of course i mean when its natural not hair dye.

perhaps it would feel similar to this:

traven
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 2:25 am

when your neighbors are loudly enjoying themselves, the next day you find out
organised destruction oh what a way to bond, it might not be related but eventually all's related
next comes theft, what to make of that, luckily it wasn't worse, only i must take the s**t
ohoh, is there only brutal gatherings- or -gated communities of material strive ?
(yeahyeah your 4000thingies pp pm's empathy dictates "everybody can have a good job" , who's going to fill those shops for you then? thats a real appropriate thing to say for a head of department of social affairs also) (but the good side is you got diagnosed with most constituants of aspergerness and you shared it saying that looks almost exactly like my daughters' ~~)
i must think this through, what to do next? sharing information, or shouldn't do?

JLD
Toucan
Toucan

22 May 2017, 5:52 am

im drunk and feel welll :D cheers lads! :D zieg Heinkiken! :skull: :lol: