Page 1158 of 2524 [ 40382 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1155, 1156, 1157, 1158, 1159, 1160, 1161 ... 2524  Next

RikMayall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Oct 2017, 8:28 pm

My thumbs have gone weird.

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 8:37 pm

wondering how concealable and uncomfortable level ii body armor is.

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 4:53 am

Deeply entrenched in the world of minerals and their internal structures. Dreamed about it.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 10:17 am

dragonsanddemons wrote:
Every time I show my mom a job I want to apply for to see if the location is something she can get me to for work, she lists all the reasons the job wouldn't be a good fit for me and/or says the distance is very inconvenient. Then when I say "So I shouldn't apply for it, then?" she says, "No, go ahead and apply." If you want me to apply for it, why do you make it sound like such a bad thing?

if she's like my mom, just complaining gives her some satisfaction, even if it doesn't change the outcome.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 10:55 am

I think I'll draw my book cover today.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 12:24 pm

Afraid I may melt down today.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 3:08 pm

I've heard that after we die, we continue to live on in the memories and dreams of people who remember us from when we were alive. And while that's a nice thing to think about when it comes to memories of my grandparents and such, what if no one remembers you? What if you were completely alone and not a single person knew you? What if there used to be people who knew you but now they're all dead, too?

Then it's like you never lived at all. And it happens. It happens all the time. And it's going to happen to all of us soon if the world keeps going on the way it is. :(

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 3:36 pm

Every time my dog stops to investigate another dog's leavings (which I try not to let him do, but sometimes I don't realize until he gets in a cursory sniff), I'm afraid someone's going to come by, see us, and accuse me of not cleaning up after my dog. In actuality, I'm so good about cleaning up after my dog that one time I forgot to grab more bags before taking my dog for a walk, he stopped and did his thing about halfway through, I went to grab a bag and realized I didn't have any - so I went home, got a bag, and then walked back and picked it up, essentially giving my dog a double walk that day. I strongly suspect I'm the only person in the neighborhood who would even consider doing that, considering the amount of dog leavings I see around.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 3:52 pm

I've never heard anyone call them dog leavings before.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 4:15 pm

Just got home. I need to exercise after I'm done with my drink.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 5:43 pm

Life's a s**t and then you die.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 5:50 pm

Mary talked to me tonight and told me she was thinking of resigning just to stop all of the crap that is happening. She said she can't sleep and is throwing up a lot. She keeps seeing Joe everytime she goes outside. I said I am not resigning and giving them the satisfaction. I am going to let this ride out because I have nothing to hide and I'm telling the truth about everything. They are the ones spreading the lies to get signatures. Mary was already able to get one signature rescinded because the woman said she didn't even read the petitions and just took them for their word of what she was told was in them. Upon reading them, she took her signature off. They are already doing things incorrectly and wanting to spend homeowners money to send out there petitions and it is supposed to be ok'd by me - the Secretary. I am only going to ok it if me and Mary get to also send out a rebuttal. I do not think they can get 51 signatures. I told Mary that I am also not going to their little meeting just so I can be on trial. I will address all the things on the petitions on paper and the homeowners then can make an intelligent decision on whether they want to sign. I know they are lying and all this is is a damn witch hunt. Joe and Cheryl aren't going to get me to resign - I won't give them the satisfaction.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 6:18 pm

Raleigh wrote:
I've never heard anyone call them dog leavings before.

I think I've heard other people use it. When my brother and I were kids, my mom would sometimes say that a bird, dog, or whatever had "left a present," that's probably where I got it from.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 6:20 pm

nurseangela wrote:
Mary talked to me tonight and told me she was thinking of resigning just to stop all of the crap that is happening. She said she can't sleep and is throwing up a lot. She keeps seeing Joe everytime she goes outside. I said I am not resigning and giving them the satisfaction. I am going to let this ride out because I have nothing to hide and I'm telling the truth about everything. They are the ones spreading the lies to get signatures. Mary was already able to get one signature rescinded because the woman said she didn't even read the petitions and just took them for their word of what she was told was in them. Upon reading them, she took her signature off. They are already doing things incorrectly and wanting to spend homeowners money to send out there petitions and it is supposed to be ok'd by me - the Secretary. I am only going to ok it if me and Mary get to also send out a rebuttal. I do not think they can get 51 signatures. I told Mary that I am also not going to their little meeting just so I can be on trial. I will address all the things on the petitions on paper and the homeowners then can make an intelligent decision on whether they want to sign. I know they are lying and all this is is a damn witch hunt. Joe and Cheryl aren't going to get me to resign - I won't give them the satisfaction.

I'm so sorry you guys have to go through all this :( Dragon hugs :heart:

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 9:30 pm

Ooh, Netflix has added a bunch of horror movies! Time to watch them all before they take them down again.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 12:01 am

Just another day.