Page 969 of 2525 [ 40392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 966, 967, 968, 969, 970, 971, 972 ... 2525  Next

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 1:28 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
^No. I'm usually sarcasm blind.

Really? I could teach you what is and what isn't so you don't get confused. :( :heart:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 1:28 pm

Um, okay, go ahead. Me being my trusting self, I take what people say at face-value a lot.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 1:34 pm

Often, when someone says something that you know contradicts their oppinion in a flat voice or with an eyeroll, that's more than likely to be sarcasm. Does that make sense?

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 1:40 pm

Yes, but other times people use sarcasm while smiling or in a normal tone of voice.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 2:07 pm

If an negative responce is expected they will say something over the top positive.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 2:25 pm

That's...kind of odd. Humans are so incomprehensible sometimes.

SentientPotato
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 2:52 pm

Sarcasm as a whole is a means of making a mockery out of an idea by siding for it. I imagine in its initial stages it consisted of people using exaggerated and "ridiculous" mannerisms to illustrate how ridiculous the idea itself is (this person is acting ridiculous, therefore they are a ridiculous person, and by association, any idea they go along with is ridiculous). Then once the idea of sarcasm was established, people then began taking it one step further and flipped things around to where the idea itself is something commonly accepted as something absurd, and the person sides with it with a mostly calm demeanor. Note that the latter variant is a bit more subtle at times as there are some people that would agree with those ideas, thus it takes a bit of time hanging around a person to establish a baseline to work off of to be able to detect their sarcasm.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 2:57 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
That's...kind of odd. Humans are so incomprehensible sometimes.

Hey! But you are a human! :?

And I think the potato decribed it quite nicely. :D

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 3:11 pm

Am I? I am often unsure. I might be an incarnated space rainbow crystal angel cat.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 3:17 pm

Well here your a human. Besides, if youve been a human for (how old are you?) you must be used to being a human, right?

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 3:19 pm

I think I've only incarnated on this planet once or twice, actually. I might be from somewhere in the Orion constellation, but I'm not sure.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 3:28 pm

How long have you been human?

I don't know if this is what I want to be or want to have been, but maybe I was a wolf once? Or maybe from the victorian era? or maybe France because I've always loved the culture there *blush*

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

27 Mar 2017, 3:29 pm

One week left to relax.... before spring comes, and then I gotta get back to work.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 3:30 pm

Well, for as long as I've been born into this life, or however long my previous lives on Earth might be.

Why a wolf? :o
Do you particularly like the Victorian era as a time period? It wasn't very pleasant at all, honestly.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 3:32 pm

I don't know! I just really like wolves because they're so pretty and regal and majestic.. :heart:

Meh, maybe I just watch too much Black Butler. :oops: Was it because you actually had to care about what you looked like? (No offense intended)

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 3:36 pm

I had a dream about a wolf last night. Probably one of my spirit animals.

You...you watch Black Butler...? That's...that's really not...um...

Quote:
Was it because you actually had to care about what you looked like? (No offense intended)

What do you mean, exactly? What I meant was, both rich and poor alike were often depressed and bitter, society was iron tight [along with corsets], pollution and industrialization was everywhere, there was a LOT of racism...