Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

BrendaEM
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Feb 2011, 7:03 pm

I realize that it was a hard decision to make, but I believe that this area will help people, and perhaps even save a life or two.
Thank you also for all those who chimed in, and helped make a difference.

I am quite pleased that there are so many threads here already, which tend to illustrate the need and purpose for this subforum.

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 12:55 am

I can't remember whether I 'chimed in' as such but I certainly pushed LGBT as a better idea than the propposed 'Mens Forum'

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 1:08 am

Yeah I think it was a really good idea. Having an LGBT section never crossed my mind but when I saw it, I thought it was really good. It seems many people here identify as LGBT in some way.

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 1:14 am

Well for me, I was intruiged to see whether gay aspie women faced the same problems as straight aspie men regarding getting a girlfriend. ....In a subforum where there is less danger of stumbling across disgusting sexist generalisations

vileseagulls
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Feb 2011, 2:46 am

bucephalus wrote:
Well for me, I was intruiged to see whether gay aspie women faced the same problems as straight aspie men regarding getting a girlfriend. ....In a subforum where there is less danger of stumbling across disgusting sexist generalisations

That made me laugh. If it helps, I've dated precisely three girls in my life - one I knew on the internet as a child and coincidentally lived near me, one I was introduced to by a friend, and the one that stuck was also on the internet. I could have dated any number of boys, but I figured out pretty early that the ones at my school/university who liked geeky girls were the ones who were too made of fail to get any other girls.

I love that this forum exists - it makes me feel a bit more at home.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 4:17 pm

I will add my thanks.

TechnicalPacifist
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 2:58 am

While it doesn't really concern me the slightest, this is awesome.

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2011, 7:07 pm

It is great that this forum is here.

Taking a break.

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2011, 7:30 pm

Change!

(but yeah, apart from that I'm neutral on the subject... don't y'all abandon L&D, y'hear? :)

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2011, 8:09 pm

I'd like the forum more if it was just a little more active. Otherwise I'm glad they made it. :D

kiwi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Feb 2011, 9:14 pm

Lene wrote:
Change!

(but yeah, apart from that I'm neutral on the subject... don't y'all abandon L&D, y'hear? :)

L&D?

hmms...
Yeah Change :)

Time is changing.

I added my 5cents to previous conversations of this subforum, not sure if I chimed in, interesting word, unique word chime/chimed.

Lene I've been to Melbourne 8)

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2011, 4:23 pm

This is wonderful. I need to get about more, I had no idea this was here until a few minutes ago. Thank You. :alien:

Your Aspie score: 167 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 35 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie.

AstroGeek
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2011, 10:02 pm

Quote:
I could have dated any number of boys, but I figured out pretty early that the ones at my school/university who liked geeky girls were the ones who were too made of fail to get any other girls.

Ah, what?

If I weren't gay, I'd be most attracted to "geeky girls." As is, I'm attracted to geeky guys. I am a geek myself, of course (it's in my bloody username after all), but I'd hardly think of myself as "made of fail." I just feel more comfortable around geeky/nerdy people.

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2011, 11:44 pm

AstroGeek wrote:
Quote:
I could have dated any number of boys, but I figured out pretty early that the ones at my school/university who liked geeky girls were the ones who were too made of fail to get any other girls.

Ah, what?

If I weren't gay, I'd be most attracted to "geeky girls." As is, I'm attracted to geeky guys. I am a geek myself, of course (it's in my bloody username after all), but I'd hardly think of myself as "made of fail." I just feel more comfortable around geeky/nerdy people.

Exactly.

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2011, 7:16 pm

This forum is pretty ridiculous. I thought the whole thing about being gay etc was wanting to be equal. But then people are happy having their own exclusise forum. Thats not equality. Nothing wrong with having threads about these matters in which ever forum is appropriate, but to have an entire forum is ludicrous. Does this mean we get a Straight, Non Transexual forum? :roll:

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2011, 10:10 pm

murphycop wrote:
This forum is pretty ridiculous. I thought the whole thing about being gay etc was wanting to be equal. But then people are happy having their own exclusise forum. Thats not equality. Nothing wrong with having threads about these matters in which ever forum is appropriate, but to have an entire forum is ludicrous. Does this mean we get a Straight, Non Transexual forum? :roll:

Shut Up.