Page 36 of 53 [ 847 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 53  Next

AvaPerez
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Mar 2016, 5:05 pm

s**t, that's something that I would like to have. Would help me with shooting down some hogs.

Lace-Bane, I growl like a bear and roar like a lion as a way to attract girls, but little do I realize that I'm no longer in the caveman days. :lol:

MC1973
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Mar 2016, 9:00 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Shooting rifles is rather fun. I can strike a target at 100 yards with a 4" grouping when using a Remington M700 .223 caliber rifle. I've been able to hit a target at two hundred yards also, but with approximately an 8 to 10 inch grouping using the same rifle and caliber. With a .22 I was able to repeatedly hit a small water bottle at 100 yards. Anyone else into firearms and marksmanship?

I am, I shoot trap (clays) with my recently acquired 1953 Remington 870 Wingmaster, I also do a bit of IDPA Run and Gun with my AR-15, my Ruger SR9C and my Benelli Nova. I only got into shooting as an adult at the age of 30, but my mom always said I had a knack for picking a moth off the wall with a rubber band from a young age. I find shooting sports very calming and rewarding, as I only feel as though I'm competing against myself.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2016, 3:51 am

i useta squeak like a male mouse.

lorkaan
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Mar 2016, 7:45 pm

Recently, I have been working out if i feel less manly and it helps a lot. I also do a lot of fencing using old school Italian styles. Makes me feel like a Knight! :D

Though I believe that true manliness is being true to yourself, do what you like to do, not what society claims you should do.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2016, 7:54 pm

^^^^then THIS is the song for YOU!-

JoeyFlash
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Apr 2016, 1:06 am

Hey dudes, I'm nearly 17, and I like to learn about weapons and warfare and general world history.

I am nearing my High School graduation soon, and I want to get a hunting rifle. I usually hunt on my grandmother's property in the mountains of central California. It is usually just Ground Squirrels and Cotton Tail Rabbits. Deer can be very rare, but they are up there. I usually hunt with a .177 cal air rifle, but I'm not very good, because I don't go up to my grandma's a lot. I'm sort of interested in Remington's 700 BDL, because one can put a scope on it, or use the iron sight. But, I have heard that a lot of Remington's products have trigger problems. I once used a friend's Savage XP in .223, and it fired like a dream.

I was wondering, if anybody could suggest a good hunting rifle for a fellow like myself. If it is any help, I am 6' 1", and 250 lb. I also fire left-handed, and since I live in Central California, we have a magazine size limit, so it may have to be a Bolt-Action....

Thanks a lot, fellas!

Who's there?

Matthew.

Matthew who?

Math you couldn't do unless you had an IQ of 184.

Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2016, 1:34 pm

So, to get Jackie back, should I get a trench coat like Castiel's, a boombox with In Your Eyes playing, and a blue chevy Malibu with license plate of BNA834?

This_Space_Intentionally_Left_Blank
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 May 2016, 7:00 am

MC1973 wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Shooting rifles is rather fun. I can strike a target at 100 yards with a 4" grouping when using a Remington M700 .223 caliber rifle. I've been able to hit a target at two hundred yards also, but with approximately an 8 to 10 inch grouping using the same rifle and caliber. With a .22 I was able to repeatedly hit a small water bottle at 100 yards. Anyone else into firearms and marksmanship?

I am, I shoot trap (clays) with my recently acquired 1953 Remington 870 Wingmaster, I also do a bit of IDPA Run and Gun with my AR-15, my Ruger SR9C and my Benelli Nova. I only got into shooting as an adult at the age of 30, but my mom always said I had a knack for picking a moth off the wall with a rubber band from a young age. I find shooting sports very calming and rewarding, as I only feel as though I'm competing against myself.

I too have found target shooting to be a very calming activity. I need to control my breathing and heart rate to shoot accurately so I focus. I block out all external stimuli and focus on calming myself and breathing. It makes my head quite, a very meditative activity.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 2:16 am

^ i find it calming as well, on the rare occasion when i actually do it...

would like to try archery.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 2:53 am

in the army, there was something strangely calming about firing a .50 cal. machine gun.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 3:09 am

can't have automatic weapons here. :?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 3:47 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
can't have automatic weapons here. :?

in California at least, [in addition to the federal tax stamp] you need to demonstrate a clear need or "good cause" to have a machine gun, under 8 conditions-
1.certain types of sales (requires a special type of Federal Firearms License)
2.training and R&D (does not necessarily require FFL)
3.use in entertainment (does not necessarily require FFL)
4.collectors of destructive devices (n/a)
5.repair (does not necessarily require FFL)
6.military use (n/a)
7.other government use (n/a)
8.more R&D and demonstration, etc. (does not necessarily require FFL)
the upshot here is that it is in theory possible to be granted a state permit for a full-auto weapon in the golden state but the bar is impractically high.
I was under the sponsorship of uncle sam, which is the only reason I was allowed anywhere near one of those things.

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2016, 3:40 am

I don't have any interest in guns, but I got the impression early in life that a man always carries a knife, so I became very interested in knives and carried pocket knives all through childhood. I still do, but I really felt like a grown man when I bought my first fixed-blade knife. As a kid when I would beg to have one, I was always told "when you're old enough." Finally the day did come.

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2016, 3:13 pm

This thread's purpose is stupid and divisive, is it sticky because sperm is? Really... not even a 'women's discussion' in sight...

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2016, 3:17 pm

Mootoo wrote:
This thread's purpose is stupid and divisive, is it sticky because sperm is? Really... not even a 'women's discussion' in sight...

lol really? okay...

I guess I'll just leave this here then,

http://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=27

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2016, 3:49 pm

Noticed it afterwards, since it wasn't even in the Random forum... is this some sort of compromise then?