100 Social Situations You've Screwed Up In

Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

How often do you screw up in social situations?
Never 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Not Often 13%  13%  [ 7 ]
Somewhat Often 52%  52%  [ 28 ]
Very Often 35%  35%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 54

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2011, 11:44 pm

60) I remember when I was in 4th grade, I thought I'd make a joke about my teacher's belly and make him laugh so I told him "You're pregnant" and he doesn't say a word so I say it again and he goes "what?" and I say it again and he just goes "Beth, that was rude." I was a little embarrassed because he didn't laugh and told me off instead. I never made that joke ever again.

61) I remember when I was six I had learned to say in class "I am sorry but I can't talk to you because I am working" when doing your school work. One day I was doing my school work and the aid in class calls everyone to her table and I told her "I am sorry I can't talk to you because I am working" and she goes "excuse me, what did you say?" and I said it again. She then told me you are not to say that to your teachers and I am to get to the table now. I learned that didn't apply to teachers and it only applied to other kids.

Zokk
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 12:08 am

62. Once, in a particularly bad mood during one Friday's lunch break back in high school, I called a group of my brother's friends junkies and whores, half under my breath, because of how much I disliked the polar "drugs and sex" high school partying mindset. They heard me. I didn't really mean it, but it sounded enough like I meant it that I instantly felt terrible when several of them stopped and glared at me. I immediately left, wanting to crawl in a hole and die.

63. That same year of high school, I was in a bad mood again, and posted an angry rant blog post that included mention of a friend of mine and things I didn't really approve of him doing or respect him for. He came across it, and it heavily damaged our friendship. I apologized for it and explained why I wrote what I did (depression and social alienation, among other things), and we're still sort-of friends, but not to anywhere near the level we were before I published that post.

Lesson learned: Keep your negative opinions of people to yourself, no matter how strong they are. You'll only end up regretting it if you let them out.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 12:43 am

63. When I was 10 these two boys who teased me a lot came up to me and asked who I "liked" and then clarified that by asking "what boy" I liked. I told them that I liked Joshua, when asked who Joshua was I answered (honestly) that he was my cousin. They started laughing uproariously and then started bringing over lots of other people and asking me the same questions in their presence. Clearly I did not know what they meant when they said "liked" and only after it was too late did I figure out why they were laughing at me

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 12:51 am

65. Since we're talking about childhood things, when I was in about 3rd grade, someone came up to me and asked if I was a virgin. Having only ever heard this word to describe the Virgin Mary and not being anything remotely like the holy mother of god, I said no. Everyone laughed at me and I had no idea why.