Page 7 of 7 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Gbgeorgia1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jun 2018, 8:57 pm

aspiesavant wrote:
KestrylR wrote:
Yeah, my sense of humor runs to bad puns and things I probably shouldn't laugh at...

Sounds a lot like my sense of humor.

Any humor I like that is not a pun tends to be irony or sarcasm. The darker, the better...

Antigone2
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Nov 2018, 7:25 am

My humor seems to be quite different from the other people's. I never find TV shows and comedys funny, they rather make me sad because I have to think to myself: ''Is this really how normal people perceive friendship, love,...''
I really enjoy wordplays, when some random words that don't make any sence are included in a sentence, when someone misspells a word or autocorrect fails.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2018, 9:11 am

My humor generally makes no sense whatsoever and is often dark humor xD

F84.9
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Nov 2018, 10:30 am

I can be punny :D

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2020, 9:01 pm

Anybody been reminded not to get too facetious?

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2020, 9:24 pm

aspiesavant wrote:

Morrissey, no?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2020, 4:48 am

Magna wrote:
aspiesavant wrote:

Morrissey, no?

Never heard of Charlie Brown, from the "Peanuts" comic strip?

LONG predates Morrissey, and the Smiths by decades.

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2020, 5:55 pm

5 yrs ago , RIP :(

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2020, 2:05 am

JustFoundHere wrote:

Not verbally, but it has probably happened to some extent.

I am quite fond of humour, because comedians can tell more truth than most others, and because getting a laugh is one of the few ways I can feel I have connected with people.
Life is either a comedy or a tragedy, so I'd rather see the funny side.

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2020, 6:36 am

Dear_one wrote:
JustFoundHere wrote:

Not verbally, but it has probably happened to some extent.

I am quite fond of humour, because comedians can tell more truth than most others, and because getting a laugh is one of the few ways I can feel I have connected with people.
Life is either a comedy or a tragedy, so I'd rather see the funny side.

Definitely been told to not be so facetious before: I assume that’s the result of social boundary issues and unwritten rules of hierarchy in groups :P don’t care, I amuse myself :P

And yes: I can make NTs laugh with recognition when I poke at the absurdities of existence... provided I don’t go too dark with it. 8O :lol:

Breaknoise
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Feb 2020, 8:04 am

I definitely have a sense of humor. It depends on the time of year, I'm more or less prone to make jokes, but my humor is acidic, it has to reflect the absurdity of certain situations. In general I make some people in my circle of trust laugh, and I also laugh at their jokes. About the rest of NTs, I don't usually understand their jokes or I don't think they're funny.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2020, 5:14 pm

I laugh at a lot of things, but I can have that dry wit which makes other people laugh. I'm glad I have a good sense of humour. Some people just think I'm annoying and stupid, but most people think I'm really funny and it draws positive attention.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2020, 5:55 pm

QueenoftheOwls wrote:
Does anybody out there have a Sense of Humor? I've often read that Aspies have no sense of humor. Well, I must have inherited one from my NT Dad. Of course, I've been known to go into gales of laughter over something that no one else thought was funny. I often mis what other people consider a joke. But I do have a sense of humor and, thankfully so, for its helped me survive a life on the autism spectrum. The saying goes that Life is a Comedy to those who Think, and a Tragedy to those who Feel.Since aspies are very cerebral, you would think we would all laugh a lot. But I can never remember my aspie brother laughing at all.Just me.

I have a big sense of humour.

LittleTigger
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2020, 6:05 am

The things I find the most funny are plastic bottles falling to the floor making that doop doople oop sound or a bowl falling and going bohwowowowowowowowoww on the floor or bubbling in my milk, oh and farts too.

When society stops expecting
too much from me, I will
stop disappointing them.

dracblau
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Feb 2020, 9:38 pm

All the aspies I know personally have a great sense of humor. The things I think are funny may be different from what NTs find funny.

I have an NT friend who laughs when someone gets “hurt” or embarrassed in a movie, which is something I’ve never found humor in. This type of situation seems to be a staple of supposedly funny movies. I guess I don’t find that funny because Ive lived through these things myself.

I tend to find humor in the absurd. I have been known to go on a giggle fest about the simplest things that seemed absurd to me. The worst time this occurred was during mass at a Catholic Church, needless to say I am not religious.