Did you like to be alone or did you obsess over a parent?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

stilldays
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jun 2011, 6:29 pm

Personally I had obsessions with my parents but played alone. I needed constant reassurance that I would be alright since I had a rough life growing up with a possibly autistic/schizoaffective parents. I loved being around them because they would help me during my massive panic attacks at a young young age and be there for me. I even went as far as to talk like a toddler til I was 12. (I was raised by my grandparents who don't even know what autism is, probably why I never got diagnosed as they wouldn't have known.)

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 10:15 pm

Hmmm...complicated. I wanted, very much, to be with other people. Have friends and whatnot. But I was accustomed to being alone and it did not bother me too much. I did not obsess over a parent. I merely accepted that I was alone for whatever reason and did not push myself on my parent/grandparents to make up for it.

On of my sisters, however, obsesses over everyone and cannot stand to be alone. It is actually fairly common to hear her yell "DON'T LEAVE ME ALONE!" multiple times a day when we have become annoyed with the clinging and whining and crying and try to go to another room.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 11:28 pm

I obsess over my mom. I follow her around like a lovesick little puppy when she's not at work. She is the best mom I could have ever asked for. She is very kind, gentle, patient, humorous and intelligent. She is my best friend and can do no wrong in my eyes.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 11:34 pm

I've always lived alone in my mancave for as long as I can remember. Now that school is out I probably spend at least 21 hours a day in here all alone, and I don't really mind it.

pree10shun
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 11:41 pm

I was dependant and attached to my mom and sis till 13 yrs of age but since when I got a pet I started focusing my dependent feelings on him and I feel liberated.. I liked being alone as long as I knew what my mom was doing...

Last edited by pree10shun on 24 Jun 2011, 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kitty70
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jun 2011, 11:42 pm

My DD hates to be alone so she is always around me and my husband when we are home.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

25 Jun 2011, 12:05 am

I prefer being alone.

The parent I like most tends to be about as easy for me to talk to as it would be for me to throw a car, and this is not something that is particularly my fault.