Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

torremalku
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Jul 2011, 6:49 am

Hi I'm Eric. I live in Florida. I'm an aspie. I only realized how much this defines me recently, after I ignored and/or denied my problems for a very long time. Several things coincided to make me realize that I have to face this and deal with it, in order to gain self acceptance and self understanding.

I have the classic symptoms of aspergers, I probly don't need to list them here. I want to be more sociable, but find it hard to socialize. Thats why I'm glad I found this place, at least the people here will understand my peculiarities. Thanks for reading.

wizzynoo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Jul 2011, 7:51 am

Hi Eric,
Our 9 year old son is currently being tested for Aspergers. so my husband and I looked it up. We were astounded when we realised that the definition of Aspergers is our exact personalities. we always knew we were different to other people, and we knew we wernt sociable types, and more intelligent than others, and all the other symptoms, but hadnt realised that someone had actually recognised it as a trait. We were shocked when we saw our whole personalities laid out in print, on the internet.
This happened 2 days ago.
All I can say is that you are not alone, and there are others out there who are exactly the same as you. You might go through life feeling very uncomfortable with people, but when you meet others, who also have Aspergers, you may find that you are very comfortable in their company.
If thats the case, then try and join any group available, where Aspies congregate, and hopefully you will feel at ease and find good friendship or romance.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2011, 7:53 am

Indeed. There are millions of us out there ;)
Welcome Eric, hope you enjoy your stay here :)

platocrat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Jul 2011, 7:29 pm

Hi Eric,

That's a good attitude that you have. I feel like I'm in a similar situation. I've basically "known" that I have Asperger's since I was about 13 (I am 26 now) after seeing a news program about it. But over the years I just sort of swept it under the rug. It turns out that it doesn't ever go away, so coming to terms with it is a good idea.

I hope you find what you are looking for here!

BillyIdolFan217
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2011, 1:08 am

Welcome to WP, Eric! I love meeting new Aspies like myself!

boxxarom
Raven
Raven

11 Jul 2011, 2:12 am

torremalku wrote:
Hi I'm Eric. I live in Florida. I'm an aspie. I only realized how much this defines me recently, after I ignored and/or denied my problems for a very long time. Several things coincided to make me realize that I have to face this and deal with it, in order to gain self acceptance and self understanding.

I have the classic symptoms of aspergers, I probly don't need to list them here. I want to be more sociable, but find it hard to socialize. Thats why I'm glad I found this place, at least the people here will understand my peculiarities. Thanks for reading.

You sound very much like me! I ignored and denied my problems for a long time. When I eventually acknowledged my problems, I treated them separately, not as one condition. I still don't have a proper diagnosis, but I would have never thought having a separate "autistic world", and meltdowns/shutdowns had any correlation with each other. ect ect.
Anyway, yes! I'v haven't been here for too long, but feel free to be yourself! :D

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2011, 2:16 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2011, 2:32 pm

Welkome to WrongPlanet. :)

The WP Kink