Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

superfantastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2006, 6:46 pm

I've been reading about non-epileptic seizures and started wondering whether a couple of things that happen to me a lot are seizures.

First of all, starting at 11/12 (I'm 14 now, almost 15) and maybe once or twice every month, I get this electric shock, out of the blue, in one shoulder. It isn't very painful and it only lasts a split second, but sometimes it shocks me so much I scream. Once I thought someone had grabbed my shoulder, and I started running down the street screaming. :roll:

Another thing that's been happening ever since I remember, but much less often (only a few times a year), is that suddenly my eyes start zooming from side to side uncontrollably for like two seconds.

Does anyone know about seizures? Or whatever this is?
I'm not epileptic, by the way; not that I know of.

waterdogs
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2006, 12:17 pm

that doesn't sound like a seizure at all

Fraya
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2006, 12:35 pm

Sounds like a muscle spasm for the eyes.. probably a pinched nerve for the shoulder.

If it really concerns you see a doctor but it doesnt sound serious.

While the word "seizure" may illicit some pretty terrifying connotations most are harmless and can safely go without notice.

Don't do anything at all
-----------
"White Rabbit" - Jefferson Airplane

superfantastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2006, 2:15 pm

Thanks, that's a relief.

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 5:17 pm

superfantastic wrote:
I've been reading about non-epileptic seizures and started wondering whether a couple of things that happen to me a lot are seizures.

First of all, starting at 11/12 (I'm 14 now, almost 15) and maybe once or twice every month, I get this electric shock, out of the blue, in one shoulder. It isn't very painful and it only lasts a split second, but sometimes it shocks me so much I scream. Once I thought someone had grabbed my shoulder, and I started running down the street screaming. :roll:

Another thing that's been happening ever since I remember, but much less often (only a few times a year), is that suddenly my eyes start zooming from side to side uncontrollably for like two seconds.

Does anyone know about seizures? Or whatever this is?
I'm not epileptic, by the way; not that I know of.

---

Yes, there are things called non-epileptic seizures.

Don't know what you have would be.

Words

Paroxysmal dyskinesias

Spasms

Strabismus

Nystagmus

Other