Does anyone else feel like they fit in best with NT males?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

MotownDangerPants
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2011, 12:00 pm

I don't think I have a place, on the spectrum.

I can read emotions more easily than (most) Aspie men, but possibly not as well as (some) Aspie AND NT women. I realize that many Aspie women are just like Aspie men, but I've been around here for a long time and see that many Aspie women do FEEL more than I do, hence they are able to recognize a lot of different emotions in other people.

It even seems that a lot of Aspie men feel more than I do, and just have trouble expressing themselves.

I do have some trouble expressing my emotions, and at times, I feel more emotions that others. I'm not a complete automaton,sometimes I do feel things really deeply, and i'm not naturally inclined to express myself, but still, I don't think I have *as* much trouble expressing my feelings as men or women on the spectrum might have. I still feel like I live on two totally seperate planets, most of the time, but like I may have an easier time managing this.

I'm also not as easily manipulated as some on the spectrum are. I realize that there is also a lot of variance concerning this, but it's a very common impairment. I can be manipulated by NT women, just not as easily as someone on the spectrum might be, IMO. But NT women will always have an advantage over me in that area, while I'm not completely impaired, they can manipulate me more effectively than I can manipulate them. I feel the same kind of confusion as Aspie and NT males do when it comes to NT women, and I don't relate to most of them at all. BUT, I still fell like I have an advantage...in reading them. I feel that I do it as well as the NT male does.

I don't meant to sound arrogant at, all, lol.

I just wonder where if there are women here who are similar. I relate so much to 90% of what I see here, things that most people who aren't on the spectrum just wouldn't understand at *all*, but still feel that I don't have the set of social impairments as the majority of those on the spectrum may have, while not having the same social skills and abilities as other NT women.

I also have the low 2D-4D ratio, FWIW. I know that it means nothing to a lot of people but before i knew what it meant, I always thought that my feeling "male" and relating to men more easily was all in my head.

Last edited by MotownDangerPants on 16 Aug 2011, 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CaroleTucson
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2011, 12:40 pm

I think I'm quite similar to what you describe. It wasn't always so, however. My "other worldliness" has gotten better as I've gotten older. There are many days now when I could pass for NT to most people. I'm not, of course, and never will be. But I've learned to live with aspie-hood much better.

I get along well with men, too, for the most part. I enjoy being "one of the guys", but I also enjoy being the object of sexual attention, too. The little flirtations and seduction games that men and women play don't bother me all that much. I try to just take them in stride, and even play along to a certain extent. I don't "flaunt", but I see nothing wrong with showing extra leg or cleavage to attract male attention if I feel like it.

I was quite a tomboy when I was young and still am to a certain extent, but I don't feel the gender dissatisfaction that some aspie women do. I don't hate my breasts, or having periods, and I love being a mom.

So yeah, I understand what you're saying. Interesting thread :)

MotownDangerPants
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2011, 2:45 pm

CaroleTucson wrote:
I think I'm quite similar to what you describe. It wasn't always so, however. My "other worldliness" has gotten better as I've gotten older. There are many days now when I could pass for NT to most people. I'm not, of course, and never will be. But I've learned to live with aspie-hood much better.

I get along well with men, too, for the most part. I enjoy being "one of the guys", but I also enjoy being the object of sexual attention, too. The little flirtations and seduction games that men and women play don't bother me all that much. I try to just take them in stride, and even play along to a certain extent. I don't "flaunt", but I see nothing wrong with showing extra leg or cleavage to attract male attention if I feel like it.

I was quite a tomboy when I was young and still am to a certain extent, but I don't feel the gender dissatisfaction that some aspie women do. I don't hate my breasts, or having periods, and I love being a mom.

So yeah, I understand what you're saying. Interesting thread :)

Hehe, yeah.

I'm not even masculine, but I think I have the innate wiring of a male.

And apparently I DO, at least to some extent since i have that finger ratio.

But I'm feminine, at the same time. I've never felt transgendered in the sense that I'm disgusted with my body or really despise being female. I like to dress nicely, keep my hair long, and do some *girly* things, I just don't relate to other women, and will probably always feel like a man playing dress-up, but it doesn't really bother me.

My closest friends have been male for YEARS...I don't even seem to have much of a social impairment when it comes to relating to men, in general. It only becomes apparent that I'm *strange* or socially impaired around NT women.

But I've even met NT women who are exactly like me, just hard to find them, and they usually seem to be able to relate to other women more easily than I can, even though they also relate to me so well. I guess they're better at faking at.